Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 pm

superheroine debate!!! 
Petty Criminal

Post superheroine debate!!!
Hi,

I am a huge fan of your site and superheroine peril in general. I've been having a debate recently with VILLAIN over at SUPERHEROINE'S DEMISE, a great site with lovely girls and action that takes risks and does not shy away from the blood and guts....(I'm one of those that prescribe to the violent stories involving superheroines, I just like to see them get theirs, i guess).

Anyway, the main debate I've been having over at VILLAIN'S was the fact that I like to see more heroine vs villainess action rather than them fighting male villains, while it seems many other members of his site like the opposite. His girl on girl action has dwindled recently to allow for that other demographic.

I don't know about you, but I love seeing a mean streaking female heel have her way with a heroine. I find it so much more attractive. I wanted to know your input, if any, on this subject, and how many of you prefer one kind over the other and for what reasons. Personally, some of my favorite stories at HIP involve the slightly more violent ones involving female vs. female action such as TIMO's Justice Legion characters getting wiped out by Dr. Benway, one of the most vile villainesses i have seen in peril comics or in mainstream even.

If you have a chance, you should really check Superheroine's Demise out (at sooperhero.com). Once again, a really great site with a long history.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:10 am
HIPComix Artist

superheroinesdemise.com is a great site!

I think there's a lot of folks who prefer men subduing superheroines - nothing wrong with that in my opinion. But I'm with you: there's something so sexy about a cruel bitch villainess. I think I was totally corrupted as a child watching Julie Newmar as Catwoman in the 1960's Batman TV show... to me she's the sexiest, delicious bitch villainess.

I think it's all personal taste though

Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:31 am
Petty Criminal

Yeah, Fin, I can see some of your stuff being influenced by the early Julie Newmnar stuff. Evryone seems to dig her. I admit I've never seen her in action but realise she is a huge inspiration.

I like seeing the villainess totally dominate. I like blood too. I guess I like the pretty girl getting beat.

Sometimes I purchase some heroine videos from double trouble. A really good one is where Tylene Buck gets hammered as the wonder woman character by a sadistic villainess called Sadista (obviously) portrayed by a snarling and towering Frankie Z.

You shuld hear Tylene scream!

Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:33 pm
HIPComix Artist

Tylene Buck has a kind muscular build but she still has a very feminine look too. :D

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:17 pm
Forum Moderator

Tylene Buck has a kind muscular build but she still has a very feminine look too. :D

I remember her from some old WCW wrestling shows in the late 90s. She went by the name "Major Gunns". It's not hard to see why. :P

- Doc

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Petty Criminal

Lol. Guys, she maybe a little muscular, but she is totally hot, especially in the top and bottom category!!! :wink:

You should TOTALLY check out her superheroine video at DT, wonder falls!!! She screams so beautifully!

Another topic of debate for me is watching the heroine ultimately defeated, which never happens at HIP. I just love to see the heroines turn into fatalities in the hands of their tormentors. I know this is a risky move, but i like it. What do you think?

Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:43 pm
Super Villain

What I would like to see is what I would call a "throw away" character used. Popular characters are ones that need to come back over and over to keep the series running. "Throw-away's" just are upstarts that don't make it. Kind of like the cadets on any of the Star Trek series. The first time you ever see then means its the only episode for them.

I would like to see a "throw away" superheroine that gets transformed into the exact opposite of what she is by the villian in the story. Not Robotized, but completely transformed, mind, body and soul. To the point that she only knows, thinks and does what she originally despised as a do-gooder superheroine. But, now, she'd be the evil henchwoman to the villian, maybe even a minion or something along those lines. Completely, thoroughly, irreversibly transformed. I would really like to see it in a long running series, where the the "throw away" starts out with the group of superheroines and then later comes back to hound them after she's converted. It has been done on a small scale, but I would like to see it on a bigger scale. Its a pipe dream, I know, but its a thought.

Metrobay Encyclopedia entry: http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/page/Ameri ... zon?t=anon

Last edited by dumbtime on Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:26 pm
Profile WWW
Super Villain

Uroboros' latest Red Venus episode was similar but not quite the same.

Metrobay Encyclopedia entry: http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/page/Ameri ... zon?t=anon

Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:28 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

I just love to see the heroines turn into fatalities in the hands of their tormentors. I know this is a risky move, but i like it. What do you think?

Sorry, but that's not my cup of tea. I will never judge someone on the basis of their own particular fantasies but extreme violence just isn't my style. I'm a lover, not a fighter. :wink:

- Doc

Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Administrator

It was a blast writing for a strong female lead such as Cordelia Benway. Timo made that series a real pleasure with the strength we channeled into that character. A far more interesting role to write as well!

We also did an all-ages project for HIPComics that featured Mega*Girl facing a male villain. But we had to pull our punches for the work friendly nature of that site.

I'm really excited to move forward with my current villainess, The Banshee. She's got a similar angst laced background and a load of frustration to vent against the superheroines that Bukanan and I have on the drawing board.

I like the freedom to write to all audiences, as well as use any character to develop my stories. That way, I don't tend to feel boxed in. And the ideas keep coming.

Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:10 am
Petty Criminal

Post A question for Max
What I liked about your world and your universe was the full fleshing out of the characters, giving us their backgrounds, their anxieties, pains, etc. And of course Cordelia Benway is a stupendous villain, because despite the fact that you know and feel she is evil (sometimes her sadism sends a chill down your spine, which is what you want a proper villainess to do) she does also have in her history something that can make you reconcile with that evil, the fact that she used to be good and she used to love Captain Midinite until she mistakenly felt betrayed..... I mean it's almost operatic, your stories!

I'm very excited about both your new projects, The Changing Of The Guard and Time Raiders.

I can see a catering to all tastes in the stories. I don't know why I developed to especially like violence endured upon the heroines, I think it's the thrill of them being very mortally vulnerable, not just tied up or gagged, etc.

In fact I would have liked to have seen Mega Girl killed off permanently. Sometimes the killing off of a character is unforgettable, especially a heroine. But I understand the reason to keep them coming back for more. Some people really dislike the violent aspect, which I can also understand. It's a matter of taste in the end, and how much any individual person can tolerate pushing that envelope.

One question I had for you Max: What happened to Mega Girl? Does she play a part in the Changing of the Guard? If so how? I am not a member of your sister site, hipcomics, therefore I did not follow her solo story there.

Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:13 am
Henchman

Personally, there's nothing sexier than a Villainess gloating over, and humiliating a captured and helpless Superheroine. There's just something more delightfully sinister when the protagonist is a female.

(In my defence I call upon Yvonne Craig and Eartha Kitt. I was very young when I saw Batgirl knocked out by Catwoman then strapped down to the pattern cutting machine - I rest my case :wink: )

Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:46 pm