Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 am

Betty Page RIP 
Site Administrator

Post Betty Page RIP
There are always people who lead the way in any given movement. In the early days of the US adult entertainment industry, Betty Page was the breakthrough icon in adult pose models.

Her risque poses in scantly clad items caused a dramatic confrontation between the prudes who defended the illusion of morality in mass media and entertainment in general. Betty's work was the wedge that broke open a marketplace where Hugh Hefner was able to publish Playboy openly. The rest is history.

Her death was a sad and painful experience, clouded in obscurity.

Take a moment to reflect on who helped make our industry a reality. Thanks Betty!

Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:04 pm
Henchman

I heard this news and its always a sad thing when a well known icon dies.
She gained a very big following over the years aswell as countless forms of media dedicated to her.

She will be remembered for many many many years to come. And its good she lived out to such a high age.

Ironically, despite having a huge fanbase among bondage fans and being know as the "Bondage Queen" she was not actually into the fetish herself.

Several extracts from her past interviews:

"The only person I did bondage for was Irving Klaw and his sister Paula. Usually they would shoot four or five models every Saturday. He wouldn't pay for the regular pictures unless we did some bondage. So I did bondage shots to get paid for the other photos."

"I never understood how anyone believed those poses were sexy," she later said. "To be tied up? I don't get it."

I think she looked pretty good in all her modeling poses. It will be very hard for anyone else to gain the high status she managed to achieve.

Rest in peace Betty Page.

Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:35 pm
Super Villain

Post Bettie Page- the movie
I recommend the movie, "The Notorius Bettie Page". Gretchen Mol bears an amazing resemblence to Bettie.

-Mick

p.s. You may have to search among the cable channels to find it. I think it was on HBO.

Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:16 pm