Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:46 am

Bondage Awards 2008 - Unreliable 
Henchman

Post Bondage Awards 2008 - Unreliable
While I think its a good idea to have an online poll.....I would much prefer one that is accurate and reliable.

The problem with that poll is that everyone can vote more than once. Also the poll includes models like Andrea Neal that retired from the bondage industry over 5 years ago.

This poll was also discussed at another bondage forum:
http://www.hwforums.com/2161/messages/8154.html

Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:41 pm
Site Administrator

Disclaimer: I am on the writer's list for this event, so I not above bias 100%

I agree that there is a significant chance that the people running this award have an agenda we are not able to see.

Promotion is a powerful tool that can generate awareness. In some cases, one can obtain a black eye for being linked to a group such as this. And in my case, I'm not specifically a bondage writer. That would most likely be for my older fan fiction work.

While I'm not happy with the one=vote=per=day process, the fact that there are dozens of artists, websites and content producers in general make this a reasonable opportunity to promote those people who were nominated.

And the three tier award allows for a number of chances for each category to be represented.

Today is the last day of voting for this year. I await the results with interest.

Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:04 am
Henchman

This whole thing was a complete joke. LOOK at the winners!!!!!!!! And who exactly are half of those people??????

The whole point of the poll was to score massive hits each day and self promotion for the company that runs it.....which is why they adopt a stupid vote every day scheme.

Like I said in my last post....a good honest poll would be good. But we need one that is run by an IMPARTIAL party and only 1 vote per person.

Listen to these people as they know a lot more about the industry and how things should really be done.

http://www.hwforums.com/2161/messages/8438.html

Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:51 pm
Site Administrator

While I concur that much of the nomination lists were biased, one has to keep in mind that the 'industry' is a very large collection of people, some of whom are unknown outside of their hundreds or thousands of fans. No effort to advertise equals no name awareness.

I'd love to see more of Ashley Renee for example.

But when sites like Wizard's Lair and artists like Mr. X get a clear nod from the vote (no matter how wrong the process was), I have no problem with the results. And HIPComix did get the 7th place for pay sites. Had this vote been as rigged as some may believe, HIPComix would not have landed in the top 10.

I agree that the 1 vote per day method has to go. I'm guessing that there were more like 6500 voters who bitchslapped the web poll every day, and even more if they had multiple internet connections.

Some days you have to work with what you've been given. I believe there is no bad press as long as they spell the name correctly.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:03 am