Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 pm

Shrinking Guest Artists Gallery 
Super Villain

Post Shrinking Guest Artists Gallery
It seems to me that a numbers of the guest artists has shrunk lately.Is that so? Why this change?

-Mick

p.s. I notice in the description of the Hipcomix Information area it says: "Got a question? Where's where you can ask it." However, when I tried to ask a question there I was told that only administrators could post there. So, where do we go to ask questions?

-M

Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:06 pm
Forum Moderator

Post Re: Shrinking Guest Artists Gallery
mick33 wrote:
It seems to me that a numbers of the guest artists has shrunk lately.Is that so? Why this change?

-Mick

p.s. I notice in the description of the Hipcomix Information area it says: "Got a question? Where's where you can ask it." However, when I tried to ask a question there I was told that only administrators could post there. So, where do we go to ask questions?

-M

Hey Mick... I'll try to answer your questions.

1) The guest artists post their work in our guest artist galleries on a completely voluntary basis. There are many reasons why an artist may choose to stop posting his or her own work, but I assume that most of it comes down to the time and effort involved in doing that work for little or no reward, especially if the artists does not receive any feedback for his or her art.

2) We had to clamp down on the messageboard to ward off spammers which had flooded the site on more than one occasion. I will open that particular forum again and we'll see if it gets attacked once more.

- Doc

Last edited by Doctor Robo on Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:26 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Administrator

I cannot speak to the artists and their schedules, but I will address the spam flooding our board gets on an hourly basis.

Months ago, I was attempting to manually scan for valid user accounts. That is, until I realized that we were are are still being attacked by spam robot software that does nothing but create accounts only to dump an advertising payload where ever it can.

We still get one or two that pass the various security plug ins the forum software provides.

This is why we have to keep a tight reign on the forums. If we were to relax the security setting, our forum would be full of nothing but unwanted ads.

Take a look at the membership list sometime. Out of the over 7000 names, only a hundred of them are even partly active.

And keep in mind that you would see a lot more of the artists posting if they got some real feedback or legitimate questions about their work. It's more than a paycheck, folks.

Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:32 pm
HIPComix Artist

Ill see about throwing up some freebies for the cause :lol:
Until then Keep Watching the Skies!

Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:36 pm