Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:05 pm

Are you using a V3 custom shoulder morph in your comics 
Bully

Post Are you using a V3 custom shoulder morph in your comics
First off let me say the comics are top notch - great lighting, posing, expressions and compositing. I eventually hope to be able to produce E-comics of such high caliber.

My question is Poser related. Do you all use a custom V3 shoulder morph? Because I have never been able to get/find a good morph for her shoulders. I have worked with magnets and gotten some Ok results but not through a full range of motion and the falloff curve is still somewhat confusing. I understand the general principles but I have not achieved the results that I want.

I have somewhat recently purchased GND2 from Blackhearted and find that I really like the character, but I still would like to make V3 look like she does in your renders.

Thank you,

rDogg

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:16 am
HIPComix Artist

I am by no means the most experienced of our artists, but I'll offer my answer for what it's worth.

Most of my characters are V3 with just the standard body morphs available from DAZ (I also use Jessi and Miki for a fewof my additional characters). Playing around with V3's shoulder and collar dials usually get the results that I want.

Sometimes extreme positions can look a little distorted. For the worst of these I usually settle for making corrections in Paint Shop Pro. A low density spray-can is good for smoothing harsh edges or for better blending of colour clashes.

Like I say, some of the others may have better advice for you, but that might be of some help.

Dose.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
Bully

Thank you for the information. I have also played around with the joint parameter settings but had hoped there might be a morph out there I had missed. I have found that I can get some good results working with the joint parameters but it typically ends up being for only 1 pose. So I have to reset the parameters for the next pose.

I usually am OK with the basic morph package in conjunction with other self made morphs, but when presented with images like what is on the current site main page for Red Venus I am in awe.

Anyway, hopefully some of the other artists will respond.

rDogg

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:35 pm
HIPComix Artist

I think Maveris made a shoulder fix morph... might look for it at http://www.runtimedna.com

Usually, I just fix it in postwork in photoshop after rendering

Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:07 am
Bully

Thank you for the reply and link to the morph. I will try it out as well as your suggestion about fixing in the postwork.

rDogg

Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:34 am