Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:33 am

A CGI MASTER PASSES FROM OUR PAGES ! 
Site Administrator

Post A CGI MASTER PASSES FROM OUR PAGES !
Things change pretty fast in the online adult comix biz! One day we editors feel all good and comfy about our current stable of freelancers and then in a heartbeat everything changes. Don't get me wrong, change is good. It keeps us all moving forward, it serves to continually challenge all the creators associated with HIPCOMIX.COM with new ideas, technologies and fresh approaches to storytelling.

But, part of that process is more than a bit painful. Right now I'm getting ready to post the last Casey Jones update from our good friend, MIDNITE!

This is a guy who helped shepherd a whole slew creators into this crazy cg world of comix! For years MIDNITE was the backbone of ACTION BABE CENTRAL!

He created half a dozen great websites and taught FINISTER FOUL, myself, SKYLER MYSTWOOD, KONRAM, FRITZ, JOE KURZ,and a host of others how to push the boundaries of storytelling.

He did all this without ego and bullying...he always made it easy to learn and he always did it with a wry sense of humor.

MIDNITE taught me the most important lesson I have learned in running a website. "Be open to new things ! Even if you don't understand everything that a creator is doing, encourage them...help them complete their projects...have faith in them !" That's a really big truth folks.

That's why I joined Agent D and JPEGER when HIP was just getting off the ground. This site has remained an incredible mix of artistic styles, themes, fetishes, and storytelling. There is really nothing else on the web quite like it.

MIDNITE also taught me the importance of keeping to a schedule with our updates, and here at HIP, we publish a lot of material on a pretty regular schedule. We strive to work with creators to get their best work out to you on a regular, reliable schedule.

HIPCOMIX.COM has been successful because of this 'open door' editorial policy, and because of it, we've been able to spin off some special interest sites, like MIND CONTROL COMIX.COM.

MIDNITE (like Mr. X., Dano & Nightwing 316) is one of the founding fathers of this genre and we've been proud to feature his material at HIP !

So here it is folks, MIDNITE'S last chapter of 'THE CASEFILES OF CASEY JONES!"

Here is one of my favorite images from MIDNITE:

Just follow the link below and enjoy the work of a master.

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=54484

MIDNITE's work won't be vanishing from these pages completely...there are plans afoot to start reprinting some of his earlier adventures of BETTY NOIR, PRIVATE DETECTIVE soon. But that's a story for another time and place.

Lastly, here's a link to a little website that MIDNITE has set up that has lots of his early work available in different formats:

http://www.midnitesrealm.com/girls.html

Keep your eyes peeled for MIDNITE's return to HIPCOMIX.COM !

I know that I will.

timo

Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

Post Re: A CGI MASTER PASSES FROM OUR PAGES !
When I first picked up Poser I was lucky as hell, running into a bunch of veterans who taught me a lot at the start. I doubt many have that advantage. My primary advantage was Midnite. He rode my ass relentlessly - but with love. Nothing I did was ever good enough. Nothing I did surprized him. he always had a better way to do something. He pissed me off, pushing me to do stuff, try stuff, I'd never would have done if on my own.

I can never repay him what he gave me.

I don't think people realize he's the only Poser artist in the world who makes his own poses for every comic. It takes a shitload of time to do your own poses from scratch.

He is a true artist.

Check out http://www.i-comix.com/ and digest that all the animations and most graphics are all by Midnite.... it's insane.

In this one click instant art age... Midnite is the one person creating everything from scratch.

I hope he'll come back some day to us. An awesome, awesome creatively passionate person

Tue May 11, 2010 3:08 am
HIPComix Artist

Post Re: A CGI MASTER PASSES FROM OUR PAGES !
Thanks again Fin!!
I do make all my own poses, but sometimes I start with a store-bought one! :lol:
For anybody who's interested... the server for i-comix has been shut off for now.
I may find another home for it, but meanwhile if you click the link above, it might not be there.

Mid

Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:58 pm
Profile WWW