Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:49 am

Betty's Wayward Ways 
HIPComix Artist

Post Betty's Wayward Ways
OK, so it's been a while since I've posted in here, but I always was a slow typist. I just wanted to say that I will be keeping tabs on the forum stuff from now on and will post more stuff here as I think it up. Right now I'm going to start working on an all new Betty Noir Adventure. This time it'll be more "Film Noir" I think. Maybe I can do it in Metrobay. Hmm? There's an interesting idea... Maybe Betty can help Pink Pussycat out of a jam...
I'll see what Fin has to say...

Mid

Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Hope to see it soon. I can't get enough of Betty!

Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:56 pm
HIPComix Artist

Hope you like the latest episode which finally winds up the vacation series.
Next up... a truly NOIR episode of biblical proportions - well OK maybe the Cecil B deMille version...

Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:08 am
Profile WWW
Super Villain

But the gallery for Episode 4 is still empty :!: There must be some pix between Ep3 and the finale. Are we going to get to see them?

-mick

Midnite wrote:
Thanks Guys!
Hope you like the latest episode which finally winds up the vacation series.
Next up... a truly NOIR episode of biblical proportions - well OK maybe the Cecil B deMille version...

Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:04 pm
HIPComix Artist

Post SNAFU
Sorry 'bout that! Jpeger brought to my attantion that the gallery was still hidden, a screwup to be sure. Hey its like getting back on a bike. If you haven't ridden for awhile you're bound to fall over at least once. Won't happen again - I promise. Meanwhile the next update will be a real corker.

Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:44 pm
Profile WWW
Super Villain

Post Episode 6 - Betty Noir
Did you do the whole story just so you could give Betty that line in picture 14? For shame!

But what should I expect of someone who names his heroine "Betty Noir"...

-Mick

Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:44 pm
HIPComix Artist

Post Frankly...
OK so somebody saw the episode and got one of the joke Homages.
Maybe I should have a contest, like "Where's Waldo" and see how many other little Homage things people can find, and Yes, there are More...
Either that or I'll have to Work out a whole series backwords from the end, just so I can get some tweaky lines in... LOL

Mid

Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:23 pm
Profile WWW
Super Villain

Post Homages?
In case you missed it, there is a character [minor] named Betty Noire in "The Adventures of Phoebe Zeit-Geist", the original Heroine-in-Peril comic from 1964.

-Mick

Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:31 pm
HIPComix Artist

I had no idea that was there. Wonder where I could get that comic...
Silly me, I just stole the name from one of the Blambot fonts! :twisted:

Mid

Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:01 pm
Profile WWW
Super Villain

Thanks Mick!
I had no idea that was there. Wonder where I could get that comic...

Here's a link to Phoebe Zeit-Geist.

http://depositfiles.com/files/8684140

-Mick

Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:00 pm
HIPComix Artist

Post Comic
Cool! Thanks Mick
I will relish reading it.
Ok I'll leave the relish out...

Mid

Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Super Villain

Post Berry, now about Casey
Have you considered devoting a seperate comic to the CIA agent Casey?
Some real spy action?

Besides, I can't do without Casey and that spectacular body of hers.

-Mick

Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:26 pm
Super Villain

Post Back to the castle
Wow! The current Betty adventure is getting hot! I don't see how I will be able to wait 2 weeks for the next episode. This has what I like: BDSM with lots of sex and violence.

There has been way too much of that mind control crap slipping into Hipcomix lately. Keep up the good work.

-Mich

Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:44 pm
Faithful Assistant

Post Re: Betty's Wayward Ways
"mind control crap"? To each his own friend.

Lets not insult each other's personal preferences.

Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:04 pm
Profile YIM
Super Villain

I think the proprieters of Hipcomix would like to get a fix on what the customers want. I am a long-time customer. If we don't make our desires clear we might get stuck with that shemale crap too.

-Mick

There, is that intolerant enough?

Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:13 pm
Arch-Criminal

[quote="mick33"]I think the proprieters of Hipcomix would like to get a fix on what the customers want. I am a long-time customer. If we don't make our desires clear we might get stuck with that shemale crap too.

-Mick

There, is that intolerant enough?[/quote]

I think HIPComix, more than almost any site of similar content, has been EXTREMELY active and involved in asking the community what it wants and catering to fan requests and demands. The over 6,000 free images in the Free Galleries, various custom member requested comics, and the very active artist and author involvement with the fanbases are a testament to that.

There is a very large and very passionate group that resides here at HIPComix almost exclusively for the well-crafted mind control stories which, honestly, simply don't exist anywhere else on the entire internet. I know I'm one of them, myself.

Many authors and artists routinely poll the members and ask what they'd like to see, whether it be what kind of stories, which characters are involved, what kind of fetishes should be displayed, etc, and I'm sure they listen to each and every bit of feedback. If a story isn't to your liking in terms of content, this site is versatile enough that there WILL be something for you to enjoy perhaps the next issue or the next story over.

So, yes, while you may claim to not be a particular fan of certain content, you should treat the preferences of other members with more respect. Whether intentional or not, calling an entire group's key interest (and one they both love and are passionate about) "crap" is a quick way to breed discord and trouble among the community here, which I don't think is a very smart, or nice, thing to do.

The fact remains, though, that this site and its artist, authors, and members, are, IMO, the best at listening to the fanbase and catering stories to suit their demands, which I think is both incredibly generous and sincere of them as well as one of their most unique, defining characteristics that seperates them from the dozens of other, more generic "heroine in peril" sites.

Alright, rant over. :P

Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:20 am
Profile YIM WWW
HIPComix Artist

I have no problem with anything being called "crap".
The problem with today's society is that everyone has to play nice, respect others tastes and opinions.
There's nothing wrong with some conflict now and then - free expression is important, even if it steps on a few toes.
I also regard bondage as being the bread and butter of HIP, anything else is just flavor on the top.
In that sense, I'm skimming a free ride from people like Timo, Midnite, Uroboros and Finister with their bondage filled stories.

Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:44 am
HIPComix Artist

Well this is an interesting discussion - I'm glad to see people in here actually expressing themselves. Awesome!
As for the mindcontrol stuff - I thought about it and decided it's not really my bag, but it does have a reasonable following out there. So much so, in fact, that Doc Robo and Jpeger have built a new site for it. Check the forum for news on that.

Meanwhile as to the "bread and butter" issue - bondage is my favorite thing - so you will see more of that in my comics in the upcoming months.

As to doing a CIA spy thing with Casey - Capital idea. I will see if there's a way that can be done. I have to of course clear it with the powers that be - but I think it can be arranged. I'll have more on that issue here soon.

Sorry I haven't been in here to respond earlier - but I had some problems with a wrong email for the forum and wasn't able to log in. We're good now - and I will be keeping an eagle eye on this forum in the future.

Thank you Betty fans! I would really like to encourage your feedback, cause otherwise I never know what people think about my stuff. Keep up the input. I will start another forum topic for feedback in this area for us all to chat and exchange ideas for comics - I always like to hear those - and sometimes they become my new comics. :D

Mid

Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:56 pm
Profile WWW