Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:14 am

PREVIEWS OF NEW SERIES SOON TO START! 
HIPComix Artist

Post PREVIEWS OF NEW SERIES SOON TO START!
The Action Cats in Meanie's Mousetrap!

Meanie Mouse used to be Madame Mynx's sidekick, but now the rotten rodent is laying traps of her own! To help her in her villainous scheme she has teamed up with the canine criminal Top Dawg. Watch out Action cats! This dirty duo is coming to set traps in January 2011!!

http://free.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main. ... mId=106814

The Agents of D.E.S.I.R.E. in "Babes Versus the Machines" part two

One of the first series we did at HIPcomix was the spygirl adventure "Babes Versus the Machines" which left with our captive heroines' fate yet to be revealed. In January 2011 we begin the next chapter of the series which promises to be naughtier and stuffed with perverse gadgets!

http://free.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main. ... mId=106818

Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:00 pm
Super Villain

Post Re: PREVIEWS OF NEW SERIES SOON TO START!
I think you will not even believe who I was thinking about when I see Meunie Mouse and Top Dawg… Walt Disney and Hanna Barbera! Tell me, were you inspired by them, or I have seen too much tv?

And about “Babes against the machines” I have many questions… what happened to Draven Ophidian? Who was the gal whose operation in Hong Kong was ruined by Agent Risque? And even more pressing question: Could we see what happened to Agent Tawny to be converted in and Femenine Android?
I’m really eager to see those tales, Thank you Finister!

Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:03 am
HIPComix Artist

Nice Chars Finister!

Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:31 am
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

Thanks Hector and Mitru!

Well... Draven Ophidian... :P

When I first started making these goofy comix I had no idea there'd later be a wiki site or so many people actually paying attention to my wacky comix. At first I kinda saw the early comix as practice work and I'd just throw them away and start over once I got more comfortable with the art and writing craft.

So the Draven I used in this 2004 "Babes Against the Machines" series wasn't really meant to be the same Draven Ophidian I'd later use in the Valiant Woman origin arc. I liked the name Draven and used it again but guess I saw him as a different character. ha ha - this is one of the main reasons I wanted to revamp my galleries... some of the comix throw things totally out of whack.

At the end of the Valiant Woman origin arc ( from the isle of ick series ) we see Draven Opidian gets vaporized.

So I was thinking let's make that 2004 Draven... maybe that's his evil spy codename? Maybe his real name is Dirk Devius.

I destroyed Ophidian mainly because for my own erotic tastes; he was too powerful and his captives would then become perceived as victims instead of feisty heroines. I didn't discover this for myself until I made comix with him and he just wasn't working for me and I had to figure out why. I'm slow so it took me a while.

Maybe too much information - ha ha. But didn't wanna give ya a blow off answer.

But if folks have strong attachments to Draven we can keep him as Draven and we'll work that in too. I'd probably then give the Ophidian Draven some weakness so he wasn't so powerful.

Thanks for the feedback!!

Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:24 pm
HIPComix Artist

I'll keep him as Draven.

Gotta warn ya though that Draven stories take us to weird places :P

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:45 am
Evil Genius

One of my favorite stories ever :)

Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:16 am
Profile YIM
HIPComix Artist

Thanks Ashleychloroformed !

Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:22 am
Super Villain

Hi there!

Sorry I'm late again, but I really wanted to post an answer

As you said:

"I destroyed Ophidian mainly because for my own erotic tastes; he was too powerful and his captives would then become perceived as victims instead of feisty heroines. I didn't discover this for myself until I made comix with him and he just wasn't working for me and I had to figure out why. I'm slow so it took me a while."

It's very interesting to know the artistic process. The thing that I loved about Ophidian was that he was inmortal and as such, a terrible threat. After all, he has seen it all in his life, and was a valid treath even for the trained agents of D.E.S.I.R.E. The twist I loved was that you have created an agency of attractive women spies to fight against an inmortal pervert.

Imagine my surprise when I read that was the motive you descarted this guy. I think of him like Vandal Savage of DC Comics, an inmortal villain who cannot be defeated, only deterred. I think that is the very quality for the agents to fight him: They know it cant be defeated, but even so they try. It's the mark of a true hero. But as an artist, is very difficult to pull that trick without presenting the agents as victims instead of the professionals they are supposed to be.

Even so, I´m glad you chosed Ophidian again. I'm sure will be a great ride.

P.D. Could I use your character of Agent of D.E.S.I.R.E for a little tale I want to write?

Thanks

Hector

Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:25 am
HIPComix Artist

Hi Hector,

Sure, you can use a spygirl character. Mind sending me a copy? finisterfoul@gmail.com

Maybe I just need to think more about Draven's personality and quirks to make him a better villain - heh. I've been surprized so many people like him to be honest - lotza luv.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:26 am