Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:17 am

Site Problem 
Henchman

Post Site Problem
Is anyone else having problems logging into the members area? I keep getting ERROR every time I try.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:47 pm
Forum Moderator

Post Re: Site Problem
goon wrote:
Is anyone else having problems logging into the members area? I keep getting ERROR every time I try.

Due to an increase in membership and the resuulting site traffic, HIPcomix has purchased a new server to facilitate faster downloads of the pages. The technical team will be working on moving the galleries from one server to another this weekend, so there will be some slowdowns while that is taking place. It is hoped that the new servers will be up and running by early next week.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and thank you in advance for your patience.

- Doc

Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW
*Sigh* Sign up for the trial, log on, the whole site's down... my trial will probably be over be over by the time the site is back up.

Refund, please?

Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:16 pm
Forum Moderator

Ramcorman wrote:
*Sigh* Sign up for the trial, log on, the whole site's down... my trial will probably be over be over by the time the site is back up.

Refund, please?

Sit tight, Ramcorman. We'll take care of you as soon as the upgrades are complete.

- Doc

Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Administrator

The move is not going as smoothly as was hoped.

Give our crack team some time to deal with the issues involved with server migration. It could take a bit of effort.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We'll be all that much better off for the down time this weekend,

Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:53 am
Forum Rookie

In exactly the same boat as goon. Intermittent downtime does not, in my book, equate to not being able to log in at all.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:52 am
Site Administrator

For now, only the web administration folks have access to the pay area content. The backup of the site was corrupt beyond salvage. The content is intact, but everything else is gone.

This will require a great deal of patience. People are sweating over this problem as I write this.

We will get the site back up. But keep in mind the thousands of images that all our artists have produced will require some effort and time to rehost from scratch.

Those of you with introductory accounts should inform the management about your status. I'm very certain you will be compensated for the downtime, no questions asked.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:58 am
Site Administrator

In exactly the same boat as goon. Intermittent downtime does not, in my book, equate to not being able to log in at all.

You will have tha ability to re-do your trial with this information

Login: newtrial
Pass : newtrial

Sorry for any problems.

Jp.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:00 pm
Arch-Criminal

I sent you the email at the admin address about my access getting nuked with the server upgrade. Then I sent a PM, then one to Doc. Still no access since the 27th of Sep from the server change/rollback. :(

P

Edit: Now I am back in thanks to Jpeger and Doc Robo. :)

P

leto17 wrote:
I second pelusa1ca on all counts.

Small time villian working my way up the ranks of Metrobay's crime organizations...

Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:30 pm