Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:55 am

Vanishing Guest Galleries 
Super Villain

Post Vanishing Guest Galleries
Is it my imagination, or have several of the Guest Artist Galleries disappeared in the past few days? I was beginning to enjoy several of them, specifically StripperComix.

What's up? Are they gone for good?

-Mike

Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:36 pm
Site Administrator

We're in the middle of some re-structuring at the moment. Some contributions have been removed at the request of the various artists. Stay tuned, though! More work will be posted in the comming weeks.

Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:45 am
HIPComix Artist

Post Strippercomix is now BadaBoom
Hi Mick
Strippercomix is now called BadaBoom and you can find my Batman Series and Original Star Trek Series are back in the free section which is chocabloc at 20mgs.
My new work featuring all original Superheroines can be found in the 'Special Guest Galleries' section.
Cheers
Bada

Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:56 pm
Super Villain

Hmm. I guess it's time to change the name of my 'Strippercomix' folder to 'Badaboom'.

Nice to see that you aren't going away.

-Mike

Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:45 am
HIPComix Artist

Post Hit the big time!!
Hey Mick
I've spent a year or so, groveling down in the gallows in the 20mg guest galleries where I filled up two whole spaces ! Later, I was promoted to HIP special guest galleries. Now I swing it with the big guys !
You'll find me in the members section, right at the top, look out for Badaboom's Bunker ! It goes to prove a point, if you are persistent enough....
LOL!

Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:07 am
Super Villain

Post Re: Hit the big time!!
Bada Boom wrote:
Hey Mick
I've spent a year or so, groveling down in the gallows in the 20mg guest galleries where I filled up two whole spaces ! Later, I was promoted to HIP special guest galleries. Now I swing it with the big guys !
You'll find me in the members section, right at the top, look out for Badaboom's Bunker ! It goes to prove a point, if you are persistent enough....
LOL!

I posted my question nearly 11 months ago, and it was answered in other messages in this thread. I know where to find your work now.

As you may remember, I was one of the first to compliment your work, and you certainly deserve to be on the first team! Keep up the good work.

-Mike

Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:35 pm
HIPComix Artist

Post 3D Artist
I'ts a big site and takes a little while to find where everything is. Everything loads fast now.
When did you first become interested in 3D art, are you an artist yourself ?

Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:50 pm
Super Villain

Post Re: 3D Artist
Bada Boom wrote:
...When did you first become interested in 3D art, are you an artist yourself ?

When I saw what could be done with software like Poser, etc.

Am I an artist? That would a very loose definition of 'art'. That would require a severe defining-down of the word actually.

-Mike

Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:21 pm
HIPComix Artist

Post You use poser?
I have to fix things up with a wacom pen. Especially with the earlier figures but V4 bends pretty good. I brighten and darken with the wacom pen/tablet using dodge/burn/sponge in psd. Most of my 'finishing off ' is done with an 'old fashioned' pen. :lol:

Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:15 am
Forum Rookie

If you don't mind my asking... where do you get your costumes? I assume you have to make them yourself. I use DAZ Studio, and the V4 character.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:37 am
Profile YIM
HIPComix Artist

Post Costumes
Sounds like you are on the right track there, buddy ! Victoria 4 is my favorite figure as well. I haven't had much of a shot with DAZ studio but I believe it has really improved. I adapt a lot of stuff from other peoples stuff.
Plus my figures are heavily morphed almost to cartoon status so it can make the clothes difficult to fit the figure. That's why I really like the poser cloth room because the material can stretch over those massive breasts. Plus philC's wardrobe wizard 2 comes in handy.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:31 pm
Forum Rookie

Thank you for the swift reply. You do some fantasic work. DAZ Studio has improved. I also heavily morph my girls into mamoth breats, and I can fit many of the newer clothing items. But I do not know how to alter clothing. I can change colors, of course... but I do not know how to use Photoshop to add insignias, etc. Some of the stff here looks hand drawn on top of Poser work. It would seem awfully time consuming if that were the case.
Thank again. My stuff is posted in the free section. "How It All Began"

Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:47 am
Profile YIM
HIPComix Artist

Post Guest Galleries
Thanks for the kind words, buddy ! You are right about photoshop, there is a fair bit of work done afterwards. However, I'm getting faster at it now so it's not a drag.
There is a tutorial about applying insignias in material room, written by Mr X at renderosity. You can also apply them as layered PSD files and poser material room can read these however the file size gets pretty big. I'm looking forward to checking out your work in the guest galleries. It's good that you told me because I forget to look down there.
Cheers buddy !

Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:41 am