Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:08 pm

Story Contest Winners! 
Forum Moderator

Post Story Contest Winners!
Good news! After a week of thorough reading, chatting, arguing, researching, drinking, and more arguing we are happy to announce the winners of the first (annual?) HIPComix writing contest! A reminder that the top five finalists will receive free memberships (of varying lengths) to HIPComix.com, and the top three will get to see their story turned into an official HIPComix comic.

Before I announce the results, I want to reiterate what Jpeger mentioned last week. We received around three dozen entries and each one of them was a great read. It is a shame that we can't use them all. Unfortunately, we had to whittle down to just five finalists, and there could be only one winner. So, without further delay...

Honorable Mention:

"Bluebird and Sparrow" by BigBruce
"Valley Court" by Bwesson
"Raven Fastlane" by Cliffhanger
"The Photo Shoot" by Dragon Rider

(Forgive me if I have any of the authors' names wrong. Feel free to email me and I'll make the proper corrections)

Fifth Place:

"Origins of Elsa" by Lecoose

The villain named Mesmer looks to add to his harem of slaves. First up on his list? The heroines Electron and Wind Princess!

Fourth Place:

"Kate Starbuck: Helpless" by Imaginasan

A villain (aptly named "Bad Guy") goes into business for himself. Sounds pretty mundane, right? What if I told you that his business involves selling perilous ideas to other villians? What if he needed to test these ideas out on helpless heroines first, in order to make sure they work?

Third Place:

"The Watchmaker" by Cityslicker

A villain with the power to freeze time mixes technology and good old fashioned hypnosis to capture and enslave a heroine.

Second Place:

"M1NX (Cover Girl)" by Uberthumb

Probably the most original idea of all the entries. M1NX discovers that she is in fact a comic book heroine, living her life among the pages and covers of HIPComix. See what happens when the artists and authors of HIPComix get their 'hands' on her and put her in all sorts of perilous situations!

First annual HIPComix writing contest champion and literary ruler of the world:

"Space Vixxens" by Knyght

A space opera right out of an old pulp comic book. Two sworn enemies are for--d to work together to save themselves and the rest of galaxy from an evil emperor.

Again, a big thank you to all who entered, and congratulations to the winners. Jpeger will be in touch regarding your memberships and comics (if applicable). Hopefully we can do it again next year!

- Juvenal, Satire VI

Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW