Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:47 am

A quick note from Doc and Fin 
Forum Moderator

Post A quick note from Doc and Fin
A quick note from your old pals Doctor Robo and Finister Foul... the "Metrobay Universe" series of comics will be going on an indefinite hiatus at the conclusion of "Tasty Treats", which is scheduled to wrap up on January 25, 2009.

We have been doing this essentially on a weekly basis for many months now and it is time to take a long break and recharge our creative batteries. In the meantime, I will continue to work on "Unity" with Akonkid as well as some other projects that may or may not come to fruition down the road.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank our loyal readers for sticking with us for nearly FIVE years now, as well as encourage all of you to check out the remaining three "Tasty Treats" issues which will update on the last three Sundays of January.

- Doc

Last edited by Doctor Robo on Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Super Villain

All good things must come to an end, so better things can start again.

Good job guys on all the magnificent work you have done for us who love the demise of a perfectly delicious super bimbo. :twisted:
I only hope that I can obtain a quarter of the talent of you guys as an artist and a writer.

'And the train conductor says,
"Take a break Driver 8, Driver 8 take a break
we've been on this shift too long"

And the train conductor says,
"Take a break Driver 8, Driver 8 take a break
We can reach our destination, but we're still a ways away"'

Metrobay Encyclopedia entry: http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/page/Ameri ... zon?t=anon

Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:33 pm
Profile WWW
Evil Genius

I wouldn't say"end" myself; I think a nice long break is a better way to look at it :D

Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:30 pm
Super Villain

I guess I should've been more clearer. The "end" referred to the Tasty Treats story for the time being.

Metrobay Encyclopedia entry: http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/page/Ameri ... zon?t=anon

Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:23 am
Profile WWW
Henchman

I am looking forward to future projects!

Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:57 pm
Henchman

By all means, rest-up and recharge! Enjoy the hiatus. Your creativity (and recurring mc themes) will be missed!

Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:58 am
What a shame. I was looking forward to more Gothika and Noctrissa.

Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:36 pm
Evil Genius

Oh I'm sure they'll pop up one of these days :D

Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:17 am
Petty Criminal

Post Mesmerella will be missed. CDs?
The Metrobay stories were the ones I liked the best. Thanks for all the work over the years.

I miss Mesmerella already. Oh, the hypnotic fun she likes to have. And the heroines she like to have it with. Sigh. Would have liked to see her phone Omega Woman, whisper something hypnotically sweet, and... (I leave the rest to the imagination). Well, maybe I will still see Mesmerella have some more fun one of these days.

Have a good long recharging break. You earned it.

P.S. You sold CDs of Twisted Tales and Superheroine Squad. Have you thought about doing that for Grime City Stories and Metrobay Chronicles?

Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:44 pm
Forum Moderator

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I can assure you that the Metrobay stories are not ending with the conclusion of "Tasty Treats". There are still plenty more stories to be told, and plenty more naughty situations for our fearless heroine to get themselves into. :D

To answer your question, Cone, I haven't made "Grime City Stories" or "Original Sin" available for sale on CD because neither series is really complete yet. If anyone is interested in reading our comics and for whatever reason cannot subscribe to HIPcomix (which is the preferred method), please contact me directly and we will work something out.

Thanks again,
- Doc

Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Petty Criminal

I join others in congratulating you on a long, productive run and a well-deserved (for you) and unfortunate (for all of us) re-charging session. I've been along for the ride for three of those five years and have enjoyed every twist and transformation!

One question: Any chance you will also be collaborating with Uroborus on a Mad Science update in addition to your Unity escapades?

Thanks again!

Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:30 am