Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:41 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Grime City Stories: Tasty Treats 
Petty Criminal

I've been reading over Tasty Treats and thought I'd post some thoughts...general and otherwise:

- Very nice build-up in the story with Dairy King and Milk Maid though I wonder if the suburbs was a bit much for their first attempt at acquiring "stock". Given the number of eyes that routinely peer out windows, it seemed more than a bit risky especially in mid day (which looked to be the setting). Now, setting up early in the morn or in twiight by, say, a beach or public pool might be better but that's me...:)

- The securing of Patti for milking was very nicely done. If more subjects are added, I wonder if long-term milkers might be better off positioned leaning forward with their hands on the ground and a feeding tube extending over their mouth from time to time. A bonus with this would be the Dairy King inspecting his stock could lead to some very steamy scenes.

- Hmmm...let's see...Ms. Metrobay and the Mayor was a very hot and steamy encounter though I am little disappointed that the disrobing happened so abruptly. Just me, though, and it takes nothing away from the scene in general.

Now, a comment in general...your stories here, Dr. Robo, are really well done in every aspect and I'm a big fan of many of the aspects. My only quibble is that sometimes the stories end TOO neatly with every plot point wrapped up. I wonder if a bit more vagueness might help the characters move along development wise....a hinting that as a result of story X, character Y's mindset has changed from that point on or perhaps a character that went missing stays missing, etc... You've done that with Crissy, for example, as seen briefly in "Tough Love" and I wonder if it's not an aspect to explore more often. Static characters tend to become dull in the long haul even if they are in some of the phenomnal situations you put them in.

Tasty Treats is a great little series so far and I look forward to seeing how things play out.

Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:36 am
Profile YIM
HIPComix Artist

Yeah, Tasty Treats is proving rather tasty indeed.

Just to comment on a few things, at least from my opinion.

1. I didn't mind them snatching up girls in the suburbs. They did make sure Patti went "around back" so nobody would see what happened.

2. I would disagree that stories are wrapped up "too neatly". There are those definite moments where a story arc DOES end, but there's a lot of questions I have about several characters that haven't gotten neat and tidy endings. Crissy was a great example, and one of the reasons I love her is that she's evolving so much as a character (from good girl to borg girl to goth girl..... and so sexy in every role). But here's a few more lingering questions they keep only just hinting at:
a) Why does the Mayor keep trying to get them to Pleasure Island? What's waiting for them there?
b) What's become of several M.I.A. heroines such as Spellweaver and Enchantress? Or their mistress Mesmerella?
c) With Kikka back in business, does this mean an inevitable "war" between the villains of R.O.P.E. and Kikka's growing legion of slaves?
d) It keeps being implied that Gilbert's morals are quickly going down the tube... he's already mind controled Brown Sugar (and where is SHE going?), but what if he wants to settle for the real thing? Which lovely lady will have her misguided trust used against her?
e) What's Belinda doing? Last time we checked, Max was giving her a very tempting offer.... but what decision did she make, and how will that affect the story?
f) Ms. Metrobay's husband is hinted to be alive (though they could have been talking about his gravesite to visit). If he is, where's he been? What's he been doing? And why would you need to keep his location a secret?
g) Ted Twiss is another highly compelling character. He started out evil and worked his way towards redemption, but like a lapsed alcoholic, will the temptation Crissy has offered him be enough to "twist" him right back around?
h) Alpha Woman's power is growing almost dangerously out of control, and she seems rather unaware of it, or at least has only experienced slightly positive side-affects, but what happens when she potentially starts "manipulating" people when her mood gets out of whack? I can imagine it might have an adverse affect on her relationship with her mother, her co-workers, and her lover, depending on the situation.
i) Who are these shady Wellington brothers, where did they come from, and what is their intentions for the Tasty Treat scheme, besides the best-tasting milk ever? (Let's see Alpha Woman promote THAT on TV.)

And that's just off the top of my head. I think Metrobay still is a universe with plenty of secrets, mysteries, and skeletons in the closet for several characters. Sometimes the heroines win (2-and-0 against Sentius), and sometimes they lose big time (Freedom Girl and Juris Prudence still remain mind control bimbo brides of R.O.P.E. employees). It may not always be obvious at first glance, but it's the little details, the off-hand comments and narratives, the slowly but surely flesh these denizens out.

Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:21 pm
Profile YIM
Evil Genius

Wow Akonkid you are asking the same questions I wanted to ask. Thanks for posting and organizing so that I didn't have to. :roll:

Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:26 pm
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

Now THAT'S what I call some good discussion!

I'll try to respond to both Akonkid and Northern Chill as best I can:

- Metrobay is a strange place, where supervillains walk the streets and sexuality isn't quite as taboo as in the 'real world'. People in Metrobay tend to keep to themselves, out of a desire for privacy or perhaps a fear of retribution. At any rate, in a city where women can fly and bench press a small truck, a college girl getting some ice cream in front of her house isn't bound to attract much attention.

Plus, we couldn't resist the ice cream truck gag. It was just too perfect.

- I don't think any one woman will be in the milking machine long-term. Even the most productive cows are only milked for a few minutes at any one time before they are let out to 'reload'.

- Adding and removing clothing in stages is problematic at best. There are many outfits which are just one layer. In 'real life' there may be a zipper on Ms. Metrobay's bodysuit but Poser doesn't see it that way. That's why many of our stripping scenes go by a little more quickly than we might have liked.

- As for wrapping up stories, that's a two way street. Part of the problem is that I have a hundred stories in my head, but only X amount of pages per week to tell them. Ol' Finister is a champion illustrator but I'm afraid his computer is going to burn up if I ask him to do any more than he already is. So, sometimes I have to make the tough decision to wrap up a story and leave it alone. Otherwise there would be dozens of dangling plot threads and nothing would ever get resolved.

- I'll come back another time and answer some of Akonkid's specific questions.

- For those who have asked about where Brown Sugar is headed after leaving Gilbert's toy shop, perhaps this will give you a little hint:

http://free.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main. ... emId=68750

- Doc

Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:05 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Evil Genius

I love how the heroines are locked down and have a machines milk them. Plus the dripping milk makes me crave for some :P

Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:08 pm
Profile YIM
Petty Criminal

Thanks for the response, Doctor Robo....it's always interesting to hear from a writer about the creative process.

Perhaps between milkings, the "stock" should be exercisd by the Dairy King or MilkMaid between milkings...to ensure the product is high quality....;)

Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:56 pm
Profile YIM
Faithful Assistant

- For those who have asked about where Brown Sugar is headed after leaving Gilbert's toy shop, perhaps this will give you a little hint:

http://free.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main. ... emId=68750

Hint?!? A bit of a spoiler, eh what? A very much appreciated spoiler mind you because I do LOVE of where this story is going.

{green01 crosses his fingers and begins internal chant, "please, please, please...let Rollgrrl be next...repeats hundreds of times}

Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:31 pm
HIPComix Artist

Crud... I'm a tad too turned on by that image to stand up straight... I guess I'm stuck here awhile. *whistles*

And I do like Northern Chill's idea. Most real-life cows are allowed to get their "exercise" in order to stay fit and healthy, all while dutifully getting the right doses of nutrition and hormones...

... I wonder if Dairy King's the guy who likes to "brand" his stock. It would be awkward as hell if the next time Patti and Mick get together he discovers the "Beauregard Vyne" tattoo on her butt.

Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:58 pm
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

Hint?!? A bit of a spoiler, eh what? A very much appreciated spoiler mind you because I do LOVE of where this story is going.

I guess it depends on how you look at things. One man's tease is another man's spoiler. Besides, the fun is in the journey as much as the destination, right? :D

- Doc

Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Arch-Criminal

Nobody's going to say it? Nobody's going to say it?

Fine, I'll say it:

That's some good looking chocolate milk. I bet it tastes as sweet as sugar too.

:P Okay, you guys can continue now.

Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Super Villain

Yeah, Tasty Treats is proving rather tasty indeed.

Just to comment on a few things, at least from my opinion.

1. I didn't mind them snatching up girls in the suburbs. They did make sure Patti went "around back" so nobody would see what happened.

2. I would disagree that stories are wrapped up "too neatly". There are those definite moments where a story arc DOES end, but there's a lot of questions I have about several characters that haven't gotten neat and tidy endings. Crissy was a great example, and one of the reasons I love her is that she's evolving so much as a character (from good girl to borg girl to goth girl..... and so sexy in every role). But here's a few more lingering questions they keep only just hinting at:
a) Why does the Mayor keep trying to get them to Pleasure Island? What's waiting for them there?
b) What's become of several M.I.A. heroines such as Spellweaver and Enchantress? Or their mistress Mesmerella?
c) With Kikka back in business, does this mean an inevitable "war" between the villains of R.O.P.E. and Kikka's growing legion of slaves?
d) It keeps being implied that Gilbert's morals are quickly going down the tube... he's already mind controled Brown Sugar (and where is SHE going?), but what if he wants to settle for the real thing? Which lovely lady will have her misguided trust used against her?
e) What's Belinda doing? Last time we checked, Max was giving her a very tempting offer.... but what decision did she make, and how will that affect the story?
f) Ms. Metrobay's husband is hinted to be alive (though they could have been talking about his gravesite to visit). If he is, where's he been? What's he been doing? And why would you need to keep his location a secret?
g) Ted Twiss is another highly compelling character. He started out evil and worked his way towards redemption, but like a lapsed alcoholic, will the temptation Crissy has offered him be enough to "twist" him right back around?
h) Alpha Woman's power is growing almost dangerously out of control, and she seems rather unaware of it, or at least has only experienced slightly positive side-affects, but what happens when she potentially starts "manipulating" people when her mood gets out of whack? I can imagine it might have an adverse affect on her relationship with her mother, her co-workers, and her lover, depending on the situation.
i) Who are these shady Wellington brothers, where did they come from, and what is their intentions for the Tasty Treat scheme, besides the best-tasting milk ever? (Let's see Alpha Woman promote THAT on TV.)

And that's just off the top of my head. I think Metrobay still is a universe with plenty of secrets, mysteries, and skeletons in the closet for several characters. Sometimes the heroines win (2-and-0 against Sentius), and sometimes they lose big time (Freedom Girl and Juris Prudence still remain mind control bimbo brides of R.O.P.E. employees). It may not always be obvious at first glance, but it's the little details, the off-hand comments and narratives, the slowly but surely flesh these denizens out.

Wow, Akon.

You either have an awesome attention to detail, are a great note taker or took the way-way back machine way-way back to come up with this list.

I like keeping up with the details myself. It keeps me excited when the rest unfolds.

I know Doc said he'd get back to your question but I'd like to give'em a good'ole guess-a-roo.

My guesses:
2a) I think we just found out what's on pleasure island.
2b) My guess is: she used them, got bored with them, wiped their memory of what happened and set'em free. (Here's hoping I'm wrong and she decided to keep them both to herself since they are pretty much part-time heroines and won't be missed much.)
2c) R.O.P.E. will find a way to "harness" the new Gothikka. I just have that feeling about it.
2d) Hmm. looks like he's pretty happy with "Mona" but addictions can lead people down the path of escalation. That path would be awesome to see. A better question is who is Gilbert's nephew?
2e) My guess is the offer has to have something to do with her expertise; maybe copy some more superpowers or processing more driods like "Milkmaid". Somehow, the hint comes from Super Freak which could be many things.
2f) Maybe he's in a rest home. He could be a really old man. That'd be my guess.
2g) That would be an awesome "Twist" to the story. :)
2h) Here's hoping for adverse affects. I like those comic book characters that haven't tapped the limits of their abilities, or found out their extremes.
2i) Still looking into this one.

Those are my best educated guesses from my attention to detail. I can't wait to see how far off they are. Probably nowhere in the ballpark.

Metrobay Encyclopedia entry: http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/page/Ameri ... zon?t=anon

Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:30 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

Post Members Area Update for 12/21: "Tasty Treats" #5
Now exclusively in the members area of HIPcomix.com, it’s “Grime City Stories: Tasty Treatsâ€

Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:54 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Faithful Assistant

Ms Metrobay is returning from her island getaway with a whole new attitude. The young ladies of my favorite fictional city are giving their all to support an important and growing business. Brown Sugar is now a...large...contributor to the economic health of Metrobay. And it looks like Daredoll and Snowflake are about to pool their assets with the cream of Metrobay society.

Nice work Doc & Fin. Thanks!

Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:04 pm
Evil Genius

I love the brown colored milk coming from Brown Sugar.

So is Brown Sugar's milk actually sugared?

Believe it or not I drink white milk with brown sugar and you get a light gold color once mixed with enough brown sugar lol. I guess she helped me to get to like milk with her brown sugar which my mom put in my milk when I hated plain white milk lol

Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:27 pm
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

Okay. Let me see if I can answer some of these questions without giving too much away.

a) "Pleasure Island" is something that Finister and I have been brewing up for a while now. A lot of our current storylines will eventually lead to it. I can't say much more without ruining the whole thing.

b) Enchantress and Spellweaver are currently still under the spell of Mesmerella, although not necessarily all the time. We hope to be able to revisit that storyline someday.

c) Technically speaking, Gothikka works for ROPE, although I don't see her as the type who takes orders very well...

d) Gilbert isn't in the mind control business. He is in the doll making business - though one might think that he may yearn for another doll to play with...

e) Belinda is still in jail, though she kinda has a run of the place with Warden Smith so ably controlled by an APEX greentooth.

f) Ms. Metrobay's and her husband have been married for a long time. He does not share her healing powers. Take that for what you will.

g) We shall see. We have plans for both Ted and Crissy.

h) We have only seen the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the erotic potential of Alpha Woman's powers.

i) The Wellingtons are longtime members of ROPE. They are the generation that preceded Max, Vivian, and their cronies. Max may run the Circle on a day-to-day basis, but one of the Wellington brothers is like the godfather of the organization.

I hope that asks as many questions as it answers... :wink:

- Doc

Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Super Villain

Wow, my guess weren't bad, but not good either. LOL

Doc Robo and Fin rule. They have been keeping my attention and keeping me guessing with their form of entertainment for nearly 2.5 years. Its all in teh details and how you build a story off them. I have used this line, "I can't wait to see what's next," at least once a week for every week they publish something.

Metrobay Encyclopedia entry: http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/page/Ameri ... zon?t=anon

Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:14 pm
Profile WWW
Evil Genius

Thank you very much for the new installment. It was excellent!

I would also like to thank you for the answers to the questions fielded by Akonkid.

I think your assessment of Gothikka is right on the money :D

Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:07 pm
Forum Moderator

Post Tasty Treats #6 cover
My pleasure, fellas. Answering your questions and comments is one of the more enjoyable parts of the entire creative process. Please keep them coming!

Here is the cover page for this week's "Tasty Treats" update. The Dairy King is on the hunt for more 'donors' to his cause, and he's looking for someone special to put the ice in ice cream! :wink:

http://free.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main. ... emId=68861

- Doc

Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:06 am
Profile YIM WWW
Petty Criminal

Post Re: Tasty Treats #6 cover
Doctor Robo wrote:
My pleasure, fellas. Answering your questions and comments is one of the more enjoyable parts of the entire creative process. Please keep them coming!

Here is the cover page for this week's "Tasty Treats" update. The Dairy King is on the hunt for more 'donors' to his cause, and he's looking for someone special to put the ice in ice cream! :wink:

http://free.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main. ... emId=68861

- Doc

A very cool looking cover...;)

Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:40 pm
Profile YIM
Evil Genius

Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:13 pm
Profile YIM
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next