Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:13 pm

Grime City Stories: Mesmerella 
Forum Moderator

Post Grime City Stories: Mesmerella
Finister Foul and I are taking a short break from "Original Sin" to return to another ongoing series, "Grime City Stories". This week we debut a new character to the annals of Metrobay history, the mind controlling magician known as 'Mesmerella'! See the origin of Mesmerella's unique powers, and her first meeting with the superheroines Enchantress and Spellweaver. For those of you who want a little more hocus pocus in your Metrobay tales, this one's definitely for you.

http://free.hipcomix.com/gallery2/v/HIP ... 1.jpg.html

Grime City Stories: Mesmerella debuts this Sunday, July 27 exclusively at HIPcomix.com. Abracadabra!

Last edited by Doctor Robo on Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Henchman

Post Re: Grime City Stories: Mesmerella
Doctor Robo wrote:
Finister Foul and I are taking a short break from "Original Sin" to return to another ongoing series, "Grime City Stories". This week we debut a new character to the annals of Metrobay history, the mind controlling magician known as 'Mesmerella'! See the origin of Mesmerella's unique powers, and her first meeting with the superheroines Enchantress and Spellweaver. For those of you who want a little more hocus pocus in your Metrobay tales, this one's definitely for you.

Grime City Stories: Mesmerella debuts this Sunday, July 27 exclusively at HIPcomix.com. Abracadabra!

Looks great, Doc! Maybe she will send our luckless heroines out to commit crimes for her while they are sleeping!

1. Superheroine hears trigger phrase on her team communicator.
2. Superheroine follows instructions.
3. Mesmerella receives loot.
4. Superheroine returns to sleep, unaware of what she has done.

Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:20 am
Profile YIM
Evil Genius

Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:35 pm
Forum Moderator

Post Members Area Update for 7/27: "Mesmerella" #1
Now in the members area of HIPcomix.com, it’s "Grime City Stories: Mesmerella" by Finister Foul and Doctor Robo!

Ella's jealous. For most of her career she has been tasked with treating Metrobay's most perverted criminals, hoping that somehow her work will make their town a better place to live. What good has that done? She reads article after article in the newspaper about how the Superheroine Squad has saved the city once again, hogging the spotlight while she is left to toil away in relative obscurity. Well, enough is enough. Ella wants to be famous, Ella wants to have superpowers, Ella wants to have followers who adore her and worship her every move. So one day when two magically-empowered Squad members come calling for their own therapy session, Ella's mind snaps and she conjures up a wicked scheme to get everything that she wants, and then some. So what sort of devious plan does Ella have up her sleeve? Find out in Issue #1 of "Mesmerella", available only at HIPcomix.com!

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/galler ... smerella1/

Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:09 pm
Profile YIM WWW
HIPComix Artist

Great update! It was very nice to see Spellweaver and Enchantress make a return and the new gal certainly has my attention as well, like a sexy Zatanna with a dash of Max Indek's class and flair.

Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:36 am
Profile YIM
Super Villain

Great update! It was very nice to see Spellweaver and Enchantress make a return and the new gal certainly has my attention as well, like a sexy Zatanna with a dash of Max Indek's class and flair.

You said it before I could, so I must concur with you Akonkid. :)

Her appeal is more kinkier Zatanna with much potential as a villian to the SS.

I will add, it is an excellent change of pace with the Grime City stories and the history of Metrobay.

Metrobay Encyclopedia entry: http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/page/Ameri ... zon?t=anon

Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
Henchman

GREAT story here! Mesmerella has the ultimate combination of powers - mind control and the magic to change hapless heroines by magic. This is a great thread, Doc and Finister. Thanks!

Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:03 pm
Forum Moderator

Thanks guys! Just you wait for chapter two, aka Mesmerella meets Omega Woman. You won't want to miss it!

- Doc

Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Evil Genius

I just realized that you and Fin caught me out Doc, what with the name of the office building. Yes, I've been in league with Max for years... :twisted:

Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:20 am
Forum Moderator

I just realized that you and Fin caught me out Doc, what with the name of the office building. Yes, I've been in league with Max for years... :twisted:

Yeah, we've been doing that for a while now. I was wondering if anyone would notice... :wink:

- Doc

Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:31 am
Profile YIM WWW
Petty Criminal

Post Hope this story last more than 2 chapters. Deeper & deep
I hope this story lasts for a few chapters. A sexy hypnotist/magician hypnotizing sexy superheroines. Wow. A nice idea, and I look forward to the rest of the story. Good job so far!

If I were Mesmerella, and I hypnotized Omega Woman, I would be sure to spend time deepening that trance. A LOT. Grand Canyon deep! Why? Because Omega Woman has both super strength and a nasty temper. I would want her to be my hypnotized slave, NOT waking up and pounding me to a pulp! (And as a reader, I guess I like a little time put into some hypnotizing scenes.)

Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:34 pm
Henchman

Post Re: Hope this story last more than 2 chapters. Deeper &
c0ne22 wrote:
I hope this story lasts for a few chapters. A sexy hypnotist/magician hypnotizing sexy superheroines. Wow. A nice idea, and I look forward to the rest of the story. Good job so far!

If I were Mesmerella, and I hypnotized Omega Woman, I would be sure to spend time deepening that trance. A LOT. Grand Canyon deep! Why? Because Omega Woman has both super strength and a nasty temper. I would want her to be my hypnotized slave, NOT waking up and pounding me to a pulp! (And as a reader, I guess I like a little time put into some hypnotizing scenes.)

I would keep putting her under and letting her wake up with no memory. The more you do that, the deeper she will go under, and the easier it will be to put her under. That is why I like to start by entrancing the victim while they are asleep.

Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:58 pm
Profile YIM
Petty Criminal

lordsomno wrote:
I would keep putting her under and letting her wake up with no memory. The more you do that, the deeper she will go under, and the easier it will be to put her under. That is why I like to start by entrancing the victim while they are asleep.

Since Omega Woman is going to a magic show, she would be awake when a hypnotic induction starts. Unless she gets bored really easy. "Wake up, I'm trying to hypnotize you!" Both "Awake! Sleep!" and "Deeper and deeper..." are effective in real life. (I am a sucker for the deeper and deeper stuff.) In this story, I suspect magic as well as hypnosis will be used.

I wonder if Mesmerella will be a little scared of Omega Woman? "You are completely in my hypnotic power! Gulp, I hope." After all, Omega Woman is 6 foot 2, in excellent physical condition, and has a temper. Even without super-powers, she could clean most people's clocks. With, she can crush those clocks. Mesmerella is definitely starting at the top of the food chain!

What will Dr. Robo write? What will Finister Foul draw? Have they written and drawn most of it already? Can the readers wait? Does Dr. Robo get annoyed when readers suggest and predict what he will write? The suspense continues!

Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:17 pm
Forum Moderator

c0ne22 wrote:
What will Dr. Robo write? What will Finister Foul draw? Have they written and drawn most of it already? Can the readers wait? Does Dr. Robo get annoyed when readers suggest and predict what he will write? The suspense continues!

Annoyed? No way. I think it's great. If anything, it shows how much you guys care about our work that you are willing to share your thoughts about it. I won't ever discourage that.

We do have rest of "Mesmerella" plotted out and at this point just about completely illustrated. With 'real jobs' and lives outside of HIPcomix it's a necessity that we have this stuff done in advance. We do very much keep an eye on forum and gallery comments to kind of take the pulse of our readers and see what is working (and what isn't), but it is hard to fulfill specific fantasies or plot requests without shoehorning them awkwardy into an existing story or throwing our already preconceived ideas into a weird tangent.

Know what I mean? :wink:

Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Petty Criminal

Doctor Robo wrote:

Yeah, I am pretty sure I do. Stories take time to plot and write and draw, and specific changes near the end would be pretty bumpy.

I just had to post about Mesmerella. Hypnosis/magic is a nice change of pace from robotization (not that I am tired of robotization!). We will see how she does with the other readers. And what she does to Omega Woman! I am even hoping for an upcoming post in the Free Area's cover gallery!

Personally, I will be thinking that inside, Mesmerella might be, deep inside, a little nervous on confronting Omega Woman. How tall is Omega Woman in those heels? About 6 foot 6?

Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:24 am
Forum Moderator

c0ne22 wrote:
Doctor Robo wrote:

Yeah, I am pretty sure I do. Stories take time to plot and write and draw, and specific changes near the end would be pretty bumpy.

I just had to post about Mesmerella. Hypnosis/magic is a nice change of pace from robotization (not that I am tired of robotization!). We will see how she does with the other readers. And what she does to Omega Woman! I am even hoping for an upcoming post in the Free Area's cover gallery!

Personally, I will be thinking that inside, Mesmerella might be, deep inside, a little nervous on confronting Omega Woman. How tall is Omega Woman in those heels? About 6 foot 6?

I appreciate your understanding. Like I have said before, it's not like we don't want to take requests, it just isn't feasable all the time. We do, however, pay attention to the opinions of our readers and make note of what is working and what isn't. That's just common sense. :wink:

I think that with Mesmerella's newfound powers might come a newly discovered sense of self-confidence. I guess we'll find out this Sunday!

- Doc

P.S.- Expect a new cover page in the covers gallery soon.

Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:53 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum Moderator

Post Issue 2 cover
I have uploaded the cover page for part two of "Mesmerella", which hits the site on August 10.

http://free.hipcomix.com/gallery2/v/HIP ... 2.jpg.html

Mesmerella is holding an exclusive magic show for specially invited guests, including the sexy superheroine Omega Woman! What happens when Mesmerella tries to work her mystical charms on the violet vixen? Find out this Sunday only at HIPcomix!

- Doc

Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Arch-Criminal

Secondly, amazing expression!

Thirdly, yes, this makes me wet.... awesome job!

Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:09 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Petty Criminal

Doctor Robo wrote:

I think that with Mesmerella's newfound powers might come a newly discovered sense of self-confidence. I guess we'll find out this Sunday!

Mesmerella does look pretty confident, doesn't she? And Omega Woman looks out of it! Mind over muscle? Looking forward to seeing how Omega Woman got that way.

Is it Sunday yet?

Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:05 pm
Forum Moderator

Post Members Area Update for 8/10: "Mesmerella" #2
Now in the members area of HIPcomix.com, it’s "Grime City Stories: Mesmerella" #2 by Finister Foul and Doctor Robo!

http://free.hipcomix.com/gallery2/v/HIP ... 2.jpg.html

What happens when you win the lottery? You celebrate, right? Well, Ella won her own personal ‘lottery’ when she for--d two of Metrobay’s most powerful sorceresses to grant her magical powers. To share in her newfound abilities she is throwing a very special party of her own – featuring a VERY private magic show – and Omega Woman is invited! So what happens when a sexually-charged mind controlling magician sets her sights on one of the most exotic women in the world? There’s no way I’m telling you here… you’ll have to go to www.HIPcomix.com to find out. Not a member? Well what are you waiting for???

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/galler ... ster-Foul/

Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:54 pm
Profile YIM WWW