Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:08 am

Interest in a group chat? 
Forum Moderator

Post Interest in a group chat?
A few of you have contacted me privately and asked about the possibility of a chat session to discuss my stories, or the HIPcomix site in general. While we do not currently posess the capability for such a chat on site, there are of course other options we could explore to make it a reality. If you are interested in such a get-together, please leave a message here. If enough people are interested to make it worthwhile, I will look into finding a chat or instant messaging service that could handle our needs.

- Doc

- Juvenal, Satire VI

Last edited by Doctor Robo on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:26 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Evil Genius

Well you know I am in on that as I am one of the few that asked for a chat session. :wink: :P

Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:01 pm
Profile YIM
Petty Criminal

Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:26 am
Profile YIM
HIPComix Artist

Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:35 am
Henchman

Btw, what about Yahoo IM Conference? I know a at least robo's there already.

Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:17 am
Forum Moderator

I'm in , if the time's convenient.

Btw, what about Yahoo IM Conference? I know a at least robo's there already.

Finding a time/date will be tough given that we are literally spread around the world. I am confident that we can do it, at least once anyway.

Yahoo IM is definitely a strong option. It is easy to download, easy to use, and best of all it is free. :)

Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:30 am
Profile YIM WWW
HIPComix Artist

I'm in. I'm pretty flexible, so whenever is fine.

Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:36 am
Profile YIM
Henchman

As long as it's not 1am in the morning on a weekday, I should be ok with it :P

So a show of hands of who's actually on Yahoo?.. also, we'll just cater for the time where the most number of people are able to attend. I should be quite flexible myself - despite being on the other end of the world.

Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:38 am
Faithful Assistant

I'm on Yahoo messenger too.

Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:37 am
Henchman

I've got akon, robo, trish, and me on so far :)

now it's all about arranging a time for everyone to be on at the same time. Count me out of coordinating that one unless you want times in Aussie EST time :P

Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:06 pm
Forum Moderator

Well, I am going to assume (unless told otherwise) that weekends would be best for everyone. How does something like Saturday at 11:00 PM eastern U.S. time sound? (That would be 1:00 PM Sunday in eastern Australia).

- Doc

Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Evil Genius

I live in the Netherlands, but count me in for yahoo messanger to :twisted:

Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:04 am
Profile YIM
Petty Criminal

Aw oh well. It doesnt look like i'll be able to make this one (plans made that i almost forgot about :p) but i'll see an effort to make it to the next chat.

Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:04 pm
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

Aw oh well. It doesnt look like i'll be able to make this one (plans made that i almost forgot about :p) but i'll see an effort to make it to the next chat.

Well, I didn't specifically mean THIS Saturday, I meant some Saturday down the road. Will everyone be available on July 5?

Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:37 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Petty Criminal

SuckerPunch wrote:

Well, I didn't specifically mean THIS Saturday, I meant some Saturday down the road. Will everyone be available on July 5?

oh lol my bad. i misread it. That'll work for me.

Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:41 am
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

oh lol my bad. i misread it. That'll work for me.

No need to apologize. I could have made my note more clear. Sorry about that.

- Doc

Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:37 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum Moderator

Post Chat time scheduled
Okay... since enough of you have shown an interest, let's try to set a date. How about Saturday, July 19 at 11:00 PM eastern time?

My plan is to use Yahoo Instant Messenger to host this chat. It is free to anyone who does not already have a YIM account. You just need to sign up for an account and download the IM software.

Please reply in this forum if you plan on being at the chat. That way I can decide if there is enough interest to proceed. If there is, I will provide instructions as to how to join the chatroom I create.

Thanks,
- Doc

Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:12 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Henchman

Post Re: Chat time scheduled
Doctor Robo wrote:
Okay... since enough of you have shown an interest, let's try to set a date. How about Saturday, July 19 at 11:00 PM eastern time?

My plan is to use Yahoo Instant Messenger to host this chat. It is free to anyone who does not already have a YIM account. You just need to sign up for an account and download the IM software.

Please reply in this forum if you plan on being at the chat. That way I can decide if there is enough interest to proceed. If there is, I will provide instructions as to how to join the chatroom I create.

Thanks,
- Doc

dang, didn't see the post till past the date - it would have been a bad weekend for me anyway - going out for a trip. Ended up a disaster of a trip, but that's a different matter. I'd be in next one (just poke me on IM with the details. you know my id, doc)

Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:48 pm
Forum Moderator

EvilUnicorn wrote:
Doctor Robo wrote:

Thanks,
- Doc

dang, didn't see the post till past the date - it would have been a bad weekend for me anyway - going out for a trip. Ended up a disaster of a trip, but that's a different matter. I'd be in next one (just poke me on IM with the details. you know my id, doc)

Take a look again, Unicorn. The proposed date is THIS Saturday, July 19. You haven't missed a thing! Although since no one has RSVP'd yet it might not happen anyway...

- Doc

Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:46 am
Profile YIM WWW
Henchman

Doctor Robo wrote:
Take a look again, Unicorn. The proposed date is THIS Saturday, July 19. You haven't missed a thing! Although since no one has RSVP'd yet it might not happen anyway...

- Doc

Woot - misread the wrong weekend - cool I'm in for this weekend if I could work out that time difference again. I'd like to put up my hooves (*lol*) on that one ;)

Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:53 pm