Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:15 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Akonkid & Doctor Robo present: "Unity" 
Henchman

Post Here's to alternative endings/realities
Here here!
I agree with the statements regarding an alternative ending to Unity. Sounds very exciting.
And as I've suggested before I'm sure most of us would appreciate short episodes of Unity drones and adventures to tide us over until the sequel (which is soon I hope).
Thank you very much for the great work. I know amend my previous proclamation, Twisted tales and its sequel Operation Resurrection were this sites best, now equaled by the Unity series.

Keep it up all imaginative artists and writers. We appreciate the work very much.

regards,

Bluemax

Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:36 am
Henchman

I have to say that I really like the idea of these short vignettes featuring different Unity drones to help tide us over. :P

Any chance you guys might be up for that? Or hell, maybe Akonkid would be willing to accept submissions from other people who have ideas for a short little vignette, like that "Day in the Life of Drone Whoever" story a while ago...that one was a fun read.

So when do you guys expect to post this Alternate Ending anyway?

Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:08 pm
HIPComix Artist

I have to say that I really like the idea of these short vignettes featuring different Unity drones to help tide us over. :P

Any chance you guys might be up for that? Or hell, maybe Akonkid would be willing to accept submissions from other people who have ideas for a short little vignette, like that "Day in the Life of Drone Whoever" story a while ago...that one was a fun read.

So when do you guys expect to post this Alternate Ending anyway?

I'm always willing to hear any and all ideas anyone wants to throw my way.

And I'll be trying to get the alternate ending up either on Monday or Wednesday. One of those freebie bonus days. So be on the look out.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:41 pm
Profile YIM
Evil Genius

I've been wondering about something for quite soem time now...

Is Blur the maintenance droid in Unity pictures 236-238?

She's cute. Hope to see more of her in the future.

Interesting. Looking forward to more work. Thanks for the great work on this series.

Akonkid's also done great work, balancing the new Femcops series with Unity

Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:53 am
Henchman

Post Re: Akonkid & Doctor Robo present: "Unity"
Awe comon!
Unity alternative ending on August 28th!
You guys are torturing us out here. CAn't you post it or other tastes of the Unity world before?
Please reconsider.

thanks.

Bluemax

Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:41 pm
HIPComix Artist

[quote="bluemax2"]Awe comon!
Unity alternative ending on August 28th!
You guys are torturing us out here. Can't you post it or other tastes of the Unity world before?
Please reconsider.

thanks.

Bluemax[/quote]

Sorry for the long wait, guys. :P That's just the soonest slot available. And I take responsibly for that since the extra ending was entirely my idea at the last minute so the other guys already had their spots filled up.
But I guarantee it'll be worth the wait (it's pretty much done...), and perhaps I'l have time to give you all a few Unity-themed freebie chapters to tie you over and make the wait less painful.

... but I'm glad to know there's still interest there. :D

Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:21 pm
Profile YIM
HIPComix Artist

Just a minor update: The alternate Unity ending has been bumped up a week, so it'll come out on the 21st now, not the 28th. I'm sure there's some eager fans out there who'll be happy with that news. :)

Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:57 am
Profile YIM
Henchman

Woohoo! Damn glad to hear that!!

Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:08 am
Henchman

Akonkid and Doc:
Great news on the alternative ending date change.
Any news on the Unity adventure shorts?

Waiting with antiicipation,

Bluemax

Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:07 am
HIPComix Artist

Glad people are still stoked. :)

The additional time has also let me make the chapter a tad longer, so there should be more to enjoy, and there might be a few more surprises along the way.

Also, just to let people know, there aren't any definite plans for any additional "day in the life of..." chapters, but while nothing is planned at the moment, that certainly doesn't mean either of us is shut off from the idea. If enough people are interested, maybe something could be arranged.

Anyway, thanks again for the continued interest. You guys know we really appreciate it and all the feedback you all have given throughout this wonderful endeavor.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:51 pm
Profile YIM
HIPComix Artist

Well, here it is, folks. Finally the end of a long, beautiful journey. While the League of Liberty may have saved the day not too long ago by a stroke of luck and quick thinking, the tide could have easily swayed in the direction of their adversaries.

[i]"The evil alien robots Unity Prime and his assimilated bride Unity Supreme are on the brink of total victory. All that stands between them and their goal is the fiesty heroine Jupiter Justice. The fate of her friends and her very existence hangs in the balance. But what hope does she have of overcoming the powerful and irresistable programming of the Unity matrix? Honestly, not much. And once Unity has quelled its appetite in the city of Liberty Grove, where could it possibly travel to next to satisfy its insatiable need to enslave and control nubile young women? Find out in the exciting alternate ending to Unity! Guest starring superstar artists FINISTER FOUL and UROBOROS!"[/i]

[url]http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=112423[/url]

Thanks to everyone who helped make this possible, and for all the wonderful feedback and support throughout this story, without which this story, and this issue in particular, wouldn't have been possible. And big thanks to Finister Foul and Uroboros for helping out as well. And, of course, to Doc Robo, who's brilliant and twist mind has made this a blast from beginning to end.

Thanks everyone, and enjoy!

Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:45 am
Profile YIM
Henchman

Now see, that was a MUCH more satisfying ending to me. :P

Loved it, great work! I really liked how they kept bringing Unity Iota out of her mindless state and then re-enslaving her. Great stuff, guys!

Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:47 am
Henchman

Here here!
I agree wholeheartedly.
That was a great twist to enslave and then de-enslave Jupiter/Iota again and again (per the story). Quite exciting if I may say so.
I do like the overall nasty theme with our heroines each ending up enslaved and serving in various areas of the galaxy.
I especially enjoyed seeing new (Finister and Uroboros) heroines taken from other realities. Now that's equal opportunity! What about taking that theme and running with it?

The images of ex-cowgirl/ex-lucky as well as the ex-policewomen together were both quite satisfying as well.

I do hope (even though stated otherwise), Akonkid and Doc can grace us with more (several??) mini-tales of our enslaved heroines or stories of their enslavement in excurciating detail (i.e. the college coeds, golden girl, vanessa, others?) or even stories of other captures not referred to in the Unity saga but not disrupting the story's overall continuity.

I look forward to more stories like these in the very near future (hopefully) on Hipcomix. I would venture to state that Unity ranks up there as one of the best we've seen on this site along with Twisted Tales (especially Hostile Takeover) and Operation Resurection (Finn's drawings from Hostile Takeover have still got to be some of the best seen other than the taking of Beta, Alpha, Lamda and Cowgirl).

Thanks all and do keep up the great work, art and writing.

regards,

Bluemax

Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:34 pm
Arch-Criminal

Fantastic! I'll admit, I prefer this ending. I mean, it's so wicked and devilishly sexy, the fate of all the women is unique, sexy, and imaginative, and there's guest cameos by some of my favorite heroines! What's not to love? It's absolutely fantastic, and a brilliant coda and tribute to all of us fans. I'm only sad it's come to an end. Brilliant job! Thanks for the fun adventure, guys! :D

Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:29 am
Profile YIM WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9