Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:03 am

Carrie Fisher, RIP 
Site Administrator

Post Carrie Fisher, RIP
I knew it was going to happen when I saw the reports in the news a few days ago. No one wanted to see Carrie Fisher pass on. Yet the fellow in the bright nightgown has taken another well known artist.

I won't date myself by saying how old I was when the first installment of Star Wars was released, but I was there on day one for the first showing of the movie. I had been reading Starlog magazine and had seen the Ralph McQuarie pre-production art for the movie months before the release. I was hooked long before the first film became a hit.

It was sad to see her roller coaster public life play out over the decades following the first movies and her subsequent projects. She did manage to beat the depression of her traumatic youth, watching her father play the public idiot and betraying her mother. Her own books and subsequent projects showed a far deeper character under the fascia of her own eminence front, created by years of dealing with ex-husbands, directors, fans and the ever present press.

Just like the fictional fan Elton John wrote about in Candle in the Wind, I wish for a peaceful release from the prison of public life and everything that caused her grief.

Farewell Carrie.

Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:06 pm
HIPComix Artist

Post Re: Carrie Fisher, RIP
Nice prayer for the dead princess.

I'm one of those people who have raised with Star Wars... I was 6 years old when the first film was released and I've been a great fan of Star Wars films and expanded universe since then. I'be a lot of books, games and 3 different versions of its tabletop roleplaying games with a lot of expansion guides.

Rest in peace Carrie!

Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:10 am
Profile WWW