Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 pm

Ishtar Comics (I.C.) saying "hi!" 
HIPComix Artist

Post Ishtar Comics (I.C.) saying "hi!"
Hi everyone - I posted a comic called "American Goddess: Ring of Domination" to the guest area recently:

http://guests.hipcomix.com/gallery2/mai ... emId=16409

I hope viewers have enjoyed what is there. It's not complete, but I will complete it in time. If you haven't seen it, of course I hope you will check it out :) . Feel free to contact me at ishtarcomics@gmail.com

Be well.

I.C.

Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:29 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Love your take on a familiar character and mythos. Great images and character designs. A compelling story line as well.

Glad you posted your sample chapter here. I'm sure Jpeger would be happy to extend a banner trade for our links page.

Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:04 pm
Super Villain

Post Ishtar Comics
I, too, like your work. I went to your web page and took a look at Panthera Khan, your other comic. It's good too. I recommend anyone interested in superheroines to check it out.

Oh, yes, one can find the web address on any of the American Goddess pictures.

-Mick

Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:24 pm
Henchman

What great work, Ishtar. Thanks for sharing!

Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:16 pm
Forum Moderator

Great work! I enjoyed the design of the "American Goddess" character, and a mind control theme is always near and dear to my heart. Thanks for sharing!

- Doc

Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
HIPComix Artist

Thank you all for your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I'm figuring on keeping the comics on ishtarcomics.com "R rated" and no more explicit than that, but sometimes I want to have fun with "superheroines in peril" :) .

American Goddess is obviously a homage to Wonder Woman, but she's also a revision of Ishtar, a character (based on the mythological goddess) who will appear on ishtarcomics.com in time. Nanaja is a Mesopotamian goddess of love and war, like Ishtar, but a lot more obscure.

Talk to you later!

Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:40 am
Profile WWW
Super Villain

Wow. Every since I saw your American Goddess comic when you posted it here, I can't get it out of my head.

It has everything I enjoy in a comic. It resembles the Wonder Woman persona without looking like Wonder Woman. It has a Fausta-type encounter with the interrogation drug and the helpless AG giving up all her secret weaknesses. It has the epic struggle with desire verses will power. It has the amnesia spun ignorance that makes the heroine use her power against herself unbeknownst the drastic mistake and doom that intells.

I love the Mesopotamian mythology that you wrap and dip the persona of the heroine in. I love the way you started the story, very similar to Battlestrength's Advancer, where you give just enough back story and situation in a brief intro and put the heroine right into the peril.

I also love the way you draw American Goddess. She has the perfect Mesopotamia/Middle-eastern look. She has the muscle of a pure thoroughbred and the sex appeal of a voluptious mediterranean goddess.
The costume is barely there but enough to peak interest in her look. The shower scenes are completely awesome the way its drawn and having her dripping wet when she transforms and then makes the mistake of using the ring sends me out of my mind. :twisted:

I have to say, thinking about the actual situation of her wiping out her own will power sends this old pervert over the top.

I'm in high anticipation of the next installment, but will wait patiently for it to come in its own time. Work like this can not rushed. LOL

I hope you continue to have "fun" with this superheroine in peril. :twisted:

Metrobay Encyclopedia entry: http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/page/Ameri ... zon?t=anon

Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:27 pm
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

Thank you Dumb Time! You know, when I originally wrote those last couple panels where American Goddess tries to use her ring to reverse the spell, I was figuring that the Ring of Domination is controlled by the user's desires, and could only create desires that the user emotionally wants to create. A rational intention by itself to make the ring create a desire won't work. American Goddess tried to just tell the ring to free out of her conscious commitment to her duty, but the ring wouldn't respond to that kind of direction. Originally, I was just figuring that once she failed to free herself using the ring, she basically gave up resisting since that was her last chance to free herself. It later occurred to me, and Dumb Time reinforced this notion, that maybe the ring responded to her uncontrollable desire, and magnified the spell to push her over the edge. At this point, I'm pretty sure that's what happened. It's funny how you can make up a story by yourself, and still not know everything that's going on in it :) .

Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:41 am
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

I've added another seven pages to the American Goddess: Ring of Domination story in the Guest Gallery:
http://guests.hipcomix.com/gallery2/mai ... emId=16386

I've also started posting pages of the second issue of Panthera Khan to my website at www.ishtarcomics.com/comic. Hopefully the whole second issue will be out in a few weeks.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
Henchman

A great story, Ishtar. You're a creative writer!

Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:16 am
HIPComix Artist

Hi all - Just a note for those following this thread: If you didn't already know, I posted the second issue of Panthera Khan to my website www.ishtarcomics.com

Hope you enjoy it!

I.C.

Tue May 19, 2009 12:29 pm
Profile WWW