Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 pm

New FREE gallery: GUESTS.HIPCOMIX.COM 
Forum Moderator

Post New FREE gallery: GUESTS.HIPCOMIX.COM
Hello everyone. If you haven't heard, a new feature of HIPComix is soon to open to the public. It's a free 20 MB gallery that anyone can sign up for and use to post his or her own heroine related artwork for others to enjoy and comment on. We're really excited about this new venture as it will hopefully open up all sorts of new discussions about comics, art, and the heroine-in-peril genre.

Here's the original announcement by Jpeger, owner/administrator of HIPComix.com:

HIPcomix.com is proud to announce the development of our "Guest Gallery".

"Heroines in Peril" is a specific fetish, and some larger corporations would rather mass delete groups or cancel accounts for people in our fetish. Yahoo, Google, Myspace, and other image/group hosting sites delete groups and/or users on a daily basis. We see this as a problem. Not only for us as a site, but all of us at HIPcomix really enjoy heroines in peril, and such activity only contributes to the separation of people in our community.

We've had discussions with many artists, and their opinion of what this community needs most is a place where artists can post their artwork amongst other artists in the same fetish...without any fear of deletion, or banishment. Somewhere that Heroine lovers will flock to and will earn a fan base and recognition.

A few months ago, We began development of such a site. It's been Alpha tested and is now ready for Beta testing. So as of this morning, we are proud to announce the opening of "Http://guests.hipcomix.com". A new and innovative way for artists to share their artwork without fear of persecution with other artists in the same genre.

Http://guests.hipcomix.com offers 20 megs of space to any and all artists that produce original heroine or superheroine artwork. Visit the help page if you have any questions.

Any artist that produces heroine artwork will be able to create their own gallery, and upload their own art to the site. Up to 20 megs! See it in action now! Http://guests.hipcomix.com

Thanks for being a part of HIPcomix.com. We are striving to make your Superheroine in Peril experience a little better!

Jpeger.
Admin@hipcomix.com

Over time, we hope that many artists will take advantage of this gallery space to display their art. We intend to utilize this forum space as a place to discuss this work, and perhaps even set up requests, ask for advice, or the like. The possibilities are limitless. So, take a second to check out the new guest galleries. Signup is a snap. If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here, and someone will get back to you ASAP. Thanks.

- Juvenal, Satire VI

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Super Villain

Is there a difference between this new gallery and the previous 'guest artist' gallery in the Free Area? As best I can tell, there is only one picture difference: the one by Bob Montgomery.

Also, it was stated that this gallery would be updated on Tuesdays. Is there some way to see only the new additions? I can't find any such control.

And yes; I did read the FAQs! No help there.

-Mike

Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:20 pm
Evil Genius

Why not highlight the new pictures with an underlining that the image is new?
Just a suggestion.

Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:53 am
Profile YIM
Site Administrator

The gallery server software is somewhat limited in making custom highlights.

The way I search for new images in an existing gallery is to check first for the last date of update. Then once inside, I look at the number of views each image has listed at the bottom of the thumbnail. A low number tends to indicate that this is a newer image. Older images will have hundreds of hits.

Another means is to create new galleries or sub galleries and link directly to those from your forum announcement post.

Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:55 pm
Bully

Is 2D art acceptable? Because I have a pretty large amount of superheroine bondage and/or peril fetish type material that I could post, but it's all hand drawing (and some computer colors)

SatyQ

Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:44 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum Moderator

Is 2D art acceptable? Because I have a pretty large amount of superheroine bondage and/or peril fetish type material that I could post, but it's all hand drawing (and some computer colors)

SatyQ

Certainly. As long as it is your own artwork, and not anything copyrighted by someone else, I don't see any problem with you posting it in the guest gallery.

- Doc

Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW