Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 am

MEMBER'S GALLERY UPDATE! 09-23-12! LOSH ANNUAL 2012! 
HIPComix Artist

Post MEMBER'S GALLERY UPDATE! 09-23-12! LOSH ANNUAL 2012!
Now up for members, Legion of Superheroines Annual 2012!

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/galler ... mId=231322

Sweet dreams are made of these. Who am I to disagree?

Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:04 pm
HIPComix Artist

Post Re: MEMBER'S GALLERY UPDATE! 09-23-12! LOSH ANNUAL 2012!
Very nice! My favorite part was Chance waking up. She and her mother are some of the best villain characters ever.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:08 am
Profile WWW
Super Villain

Dear Uroboros:

The tale ofr this annual was great as ever, but even when the story gave me everything I expect from an Annual, (Notre Dame and Sparrow bound and gagged by Chance and Ms. Proctor) I felt it had a few cliches…

For example, in the first panels, Chance and Ms. Proctor’s conversation about how easily they capture Notre Dame and Sparrow. And then concluding that the only explanation is that they love to be bound and gagged.

Then, getting them in the car… they were hapless and docile… not to mention the bonus of seeing Star Flair and Raven.

This is when I couldn’t resist more. I mean, Notre Dame is the best detective in the world, and Sparrow a capable agent, and they are trapped by those two powerless bandits? They are cunning, but the superheroines are not that silly.

When I saw Sparrow brainwashed (again) and becoming a maid for Chance, I think that this was pure cheesecake, but the best part was the final, when we see that all is Chance’s dream.

When I saw a story that ends with “All is a dream”, I think that is a cop out from a dull writer. But you managed to exploit this very well: All those strange behavior from the heroines, their stupidity, meekness and complacency, as Chance’s and Proctor’s silly dialogues, are precisely that: the inner and perverted desires of Chance that wants a reality mirroring her own desires.

Great work!

Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:51 pm
HIPComix Artist

I think Hector hit it on the head. "It was all a dream" can be a very lame plot gimmick, but if it's done right it can be a great way of exploring the dreamer's character. This was the latter kind of dream story.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:33 pm
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

Glad you guys liked it; Chance is truthfully one of my favorite characters. Was fun to explore her naughty little fantasies underneath the cold exterior... ;-)

Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:21 am