Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 am

MEMBER'S GALLERY UPDATE! 04-23-11 LOSH #29! 
HIPComix Artist

Post MEMBER'S GALLERY UPDATE! 04-23-11 LOSH #29!
It's that time again! Member's Gallery updated for Saturday with Legion of Superheroines #29!

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/galler ... mId=147007

Finally free of Ms Proctor's trap, Starflair and Nightraven plan to turn the tables on their old nemesis, but is Sara's plan more work or pleasure? Meanwhile, Scarlet Lotus must face off against three of her former teammates...does she stand a "Chance"? And if that is not enough, Red & Blue Venus make their last stand before Cyren, but is the sinister android too powerful now? Find out in issue #29!

Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:56 am
HIPComix Artist

Post Re: MEMBER'S GALLERY UPDATE! 04-23-11 LOSH #29!
Great update!

I like it very much

Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
Super Villain

Dear Uroboros:

Once again I want to praise your last issue of Legion Of Superheroines. Issue 29, RallyPoint, was super, even if it was a little rushed, but I feel that is because at this point of the story there are really a lot of characters and situations converging at the same time.

One of the things I admire about your work is that you always manage to show good “cheesecake” scenes without interrupting the flow of the argument: In the vast majority of your panels, heroines and villains are doing something sexy and that advances the plot.

Other thing is your mastery of composition: At all times, it seems that the characters are the right size about the picture they are framed.
The first five pages chronicle Starflair and NightRaven “plot” to go undercover, but is really another of Starflair’s plans to seduce NightRaven. Also, a kiss by ballgag? Ah well…

My favorite were page 427 to page 433: Page 427 and 429 are great, they show Scarlet Lotus being restrained by Notre Dame and Firefly, then at page 430 and 431 we have Scarlett Lotus liberating herself and kicking ass, those pages are not only very suggesting, but advance the plot.
The next two, with a duel between Sparrow and Lotus is awesome!

And then we have page 434, Red Venus and Blue Venus look great! The fear expressions in their faces are awesome (because they are Superman counterparts, we know this is serious), then we have Red Venus getting attacked and, at last, the revelation of Cyren.

By the way, “True, perfect form”? Is she serious? She was much better before, but then again, I’m not a crazy megalomaniac robot.

This issue was awesome as ever, but I have a question, I thought the next issue was due Saturday 4, but I see that you have it for the Friday 4th, is this the correct release date?

Thanks

Hector

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:00 am
Site Administrator

sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but UROBOROS has asked to scale back on his comix work for us...his current plans call for his next update to appear on Saturday, june 25. that update will feature his legion # 30.

after that we can look forward to a new uroboros story around every six weeks or so.

his collaboration with doc robo at mccomix.com will continue on it's monthly schedule for the forseeable future.

uroboros says that this just going to be a temporary slow-down thru this fall...after that he will resume his schedule of bi-weekly updates.

he's been producing comix for us regularly for years now...always on time, and always updates of the highest quality...and if he needs a break...well...he's certainly earned it, eh ?

he is not quitting...he just needs to meet his other real-life obligations
for a while.

in the meantime, finister is filling up some of his slots...

we'll keep you informed as his situation develops.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:07 am
Profile WWW
Super Villain

Hi there Timo!
First of all, thank you for taking the time to share the definitely bad news.

Since Uroboros has not answered his posts here since about two months ago,
I was suspecting something like this.

I would like to say that you’re right, uroboros has been producing commix for years always on time and of high quality. He has earned this break.

I hope he can be back wi-weekly soon.

PD: Could you tell him that I hope he could manage his other obligations soon and that I consider him a great artist that delivers on time? I have said it once and again in his forum, but I don’t know if he could check it regularly anymore.

Thank you.

Hector.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:24 am
HIPComix Artist

I'm sorry to hear that Uroboros has to cut back on his updates, but I'm glad it's only temporary. I really enjoy his work!

I certainly understand how we comic artists can be for--d to do fewer comics than we'd like to. If time/money were unlimited, I'd put out ten times as much as I do now!

Whatever time frame, I'm looking forward to more Legion, Inner Universe, and Legend Hunters!

Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:57 am
Profile WWW
Very sad to hear it too. Hopefully, Uroboros is allright? When he does come back, I'm sure it's stronger than ever!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:33 pm
HIPComix Artist

Hey guys, thanks for all the notes of encouragement. Sorry I haven't been able to post much here, but my "real life" career has been majorly getting in my way of cartoon villainy lately. It's not anything bad (if anything it's good news, maybe the economy is finally getting out of the toilet), but I had to cut back on my output because I've been majorly expanding my business this spring and summer and it's been requiring a lot of long travel and most of my attention (a whole lot of 12 hour days, 6-7 days a week). As you might imagine, it takes a lot of time to produce these comics, and like the other artists here, for me it's a labor of love rather than about money. Given how busy I've been, I very reluctantly made the decision to scale back a bit this summer while I'm going through this growth spurt with my business rather than miss deadlines or rush through some half-backed product. Like Timo said, I am not going away, and once things settle down a bit, I am hoping to resume a normal schedule. Again, sorry for being "MIA" a bit, I hope you guys understand; I do value your comments and reviews.

Anyway, to make up for the little pause, the next issue of LOSH will be a double-sized "Annual" edition as the girls take a break from their normal storyline and the meaning behind this photograph that appeared suddenly on the internet will be explained.... :D

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:36 am
Super Villain

Dear Uroboros:

I’m very happy to hear you have a successful business! I wish you luck!

I know I'm always writing the same thing, but I will say it again: Your comics are not only gorgeous women, but well designed characters and stories with a great plot.

And about your picture: I always thought Sparrow was a victim of sibling rivalry, but after seeing this photo, I have to concede: Notre Dame is a jerk!

Hector

Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:10 am
HIPComix Artist

Good luck with your bussiness!

We miss your heroines for a while.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:09 am
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

Chiming in on the Annual update. Yum. Sparrow is definitely my favorite of the LOSH hotties, and I'd definitely contribute to that hefty bounty to get some compromising pics of her. Glad she's such a team player about it too. :D

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:56 am
Profile YIM