Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 pm

MEMBER'S GALLERY UPDATE! 02-26-11! LEGEND HUNTERS #14! 
HIPComix Artist

Post MEMBER'S GALLERY UPDATE! 02-26-11! LEGEND HUNTERS #14!
Now up for members; Legend Hunters #14!

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/galler ... mId=144982

With her deception revealed, things aren't looking good for Maya and her team, as Kitsune looks give the busty adventurers a grisly fate at the end of her sword. Little does she know, however, that the mysterious orb that she found in Kitsune's chambers may be the key to defeating the shape changing goddess, but is it just a doorway for an even greater evil?

Find out in Issue 14!

Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:06 pm
Super Villain

Post Re: MEMBER'S GALLERY UPDATE! 02-26-11! LEGEND HUNTERS #14!
Hi Uroboros:

This issue from Legend Hunters is way more entertaining that the few last issues: Really changes the dynamic between the villains in this tale.
I felt that the narrative was a little slow in the “Kitsune cycle”. Maybe was Haru’s story (or Red Lotus flashback), but I sensed that this tale has been a little longer than the others. I’m really surprised by this issue because not only ended this cycle but also showed us more about the true relationship about the characters.

First: I thought Baroness de Sade (Morgana) and Artemis were two annoying witches, but man! Kitsune is even lower! First she offers Maya a chance to fight her, only to use her magic when Maya outsmarted her, then she abuses Haru and uses her guilt to make her torture the prisoners … Oh my, Kitsune is not cool.

And then we discover that she is afraid of “the Dark One”. Kitsune refers to it as “she”, so I assume he’s talking about Morgana (because she is the one who granted Maya the ability to see the orb) and she is actually occult, protecting herself from her. In the last panel, Kitsune even shows fear of De Sade (Morgana)… and she says: “It is you! No… please”???

Kitsune was not only a sadistic witch, but also a coward??? Give me a break! Artemis put a fight and definitely wasn’t submissive when she was in the dungeon “I’ll give you nothing, witch” at issue 07. Sure, she was a megalomaniac ruler of a Greek civilization and condemned our heroines to a fight for her life but at least she put a fight.

Then the part that intrigues me, at issue 7 page 99 Artemis says: “You will pay dearly for this insult, the others won’t stand for it!” This is said as Artemis and Morgana are equals, or at least Artemis and the other three goddesses. But Kitsune’s attitude is like Morgana is something even more dangerous than the four goddesses (The Dark One)? What is the true relationship between those characters? Will Maya turn the tables on someone who every issues seems even more powerful and cunning? What will be the next Goddess to fall?

No, seriously, Who is the next Goddess to fall?

I hope the next Goddess are a little more sympathetic, because Artemis and Kitsune are two little bullies who are waaaaay over his own when they are left with Morgana. I’m anxious to see next issue.
Hector

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:32 pm