Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm

MEMBER'S GALLERY UPDATE! 08-21-2010 INNER UNIVERSE #60! 
HIPComix Artist

Post MEMBER'S GALLERY UPDATE! 08-21-2010 INNER UNIVERSE #60!
Now up for members...Inner Universe #60!

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/galler ... mId=135188

Feeding off of Amy's fear and vulnerabilities, the dark goddess Hecate traps the helpless heroine in her own personal hell, reliving the same dream over and over again. Tormented by visions of her own helplessness, loneliness and horrible glimpses into the future, Amy cannot break out of the spell and slowly starts to have her spirit broken. Meanwhile, determined to rescue their friend and thus eliminate the threat of Hecate once again being revived in the mortal realms, Talia and Neia make an uneasy alliance with Arha to transport them to Hecate's astral plane. But are they in for more than they expected when Arha reveals a shocking secret? Find out in Inner Universe #60!

Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:44 am
Super Villain

Post Re: MEMBER'S GALLERY UPDATE! 08-21-2010 INNER UNIVERSE #60!
In Amy's dream pictures, it seems to me that the quality of the drawing is... different; Somewhat more cartoonish. Am I catching that right? That is to indicate the dream quality of those pictures.

-Mick

Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:20 pm
I don't know what it is but the mood of those "post apocalyptic" city pictures is awesome. Some of Uroboros's best work yet. Re. the storyline, I keep expecting Dream - Destiny and Deaths younger brother - to show up in Hecate's realm. Seems like it's his kind of place...

Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:41 pm
HIPComix Artist

Yep! Totallly agree!

They are a precious outdoors renders.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:14 am
Profile WWW
HIPComix Artist

Thanks for all the feedback; I put some smoky filters and a slight vignette effect on the dream sequence renders in postwork. Nice to know they had the intended effect. :D

Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:52 am
They sure did! I was wondering if you had any comments to my Neil Gaiman reference?

Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:06 pm
HIPComix Artist

Quote:
They sure did! I was wondering if you had any comments to my Neil Gaiman reference?

Sorry; I'm not familiar with Neil Gaiman.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:33 am
No need to apologize. Neil Gaiman is the author of The Sandman comic books that came out on DC Comics in the 90ies. Absolutely spectacular work imo. I think the right term to use is actually 'Graphic Novels' but to me it's all Comic books. Anyway, the main character Dream (or The Sandman) is lord and caretaker of the Dream Realm where we all spend about a 3rd. of our lives. He's one of the seven Endless, listed here by age: Destiny (a blind man), Death (a hot gothic chic), Dream (our hero), Destruction (a big violent bloke), the twins Desire and Despair and finally the youngest Delight (who later became Delirium).

I guess The Sandman is my all time favorite comic book (or graphic novel). The only drawback is there there is far too few big-breasted heroines and that they are in way too little peril :-) Nevertheless, it's highly recommended.

Anyways, it just seemed to me that Talia and Neia somehow entered the Dream Lords realm when they went looking for Amy.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:23 pm
Super Villain

Hi there!

Sorry, I seem to dissapear for the forums but your work is so good I feel the need to do some "serious" comments, or at least, comment something that means more that "Your work is good".

Gene49, I loved your reference to Gaiman. This part remind me when Dream went to hell to rescue her lover... whom Dream himself put there for turning him down. As a matter of fact, Hecate reminds me of Dream: Only the form is human, but they really are... eh... gods? monsters? I don't know, but whatever they are, they're not anything like us!

Amy is trapped in her nightmares, agn and again. I might sound like a sadist but I think that the first nightmare (Underworld, issue 58) was even more desperate... his dreary, unhappy, normal life... until she met Shadrax. Here she only sees desolation, and then she is alone in the normal universe, until she met the ravished bodies of her friends, the most strange part of his postapocaliptical nighmare!

And another thing I liked where the demons, Were you inspired by the illustrator of H.P. Lovecraft? the demon at pic 847 seems to be inspired by illustrations of Cthulhu, but the demon that grabs Thalia at 850 is very different (I loved that scene, by the way, even I would liked an human grab her).

And I loved the final, I always appreciate a good "Luke, I am your father" scene.

Thanks!

Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:27 am
HIPComix Artist

Hey Hector, good to have you back; I always appreciate your well thought out comments and commentary.

As you might have noticed, I am a big Lovecraft fan, and make regular references to the "mythos" in this series as well as some others to those whom might have noticed them. :D

Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:55 am