Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 pm

MEMBER'S GALLERY UPDATE 05/22/10 INNER UNIVERSE #58! 
HIPComix Artist

Post MEMBER'S GALLERY UPDATE 05/22/10 INNER UNIVERSE #58!
Now up for members, Inner Universe #58!

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/galler ... mId=129619

Amy is dead. Or...is she?

After almost four years spend wandering the strange fantasy universe with her friends, she finds herself waking up back in her own bed back on Earth, with only one night having passed. Was it all a dream? Struggling to readjust to her "real" life again, Amy goes back to her job as a cocktail waitress and tries to make sense of what happened to her. But as the night goes on, to her horror, she realizes that things are not what they seam and her nightmare may only just beginning...

Catch the next part of the saga in Issue #58!

Sat May 22, 2010 6:35 am
Bully

Post Re: MEMBER'S GALLERY UPDATE 05/22/10 INNER UNIVERSE #58!
well I'm taking the plunge am getting the mac pro quad to try my hand at this art form also have some Daz software on order with Poser pro coming soon maybe you can help since you use both?? who model is batbabe modeled after you'll have to archive the series I speak have an idea for a story and would like to get it right from the start look under jester and requested if your having trouble anyway thanks for the support hope that I'm 10% as good as what you put up here

Thu May 27, 2010 1:21 pm
Super Villain

Post Re: MEMBER'S GALLERY UPDATE 05/22/10 INNER UNIVERSE #58!
Just one thing before beginning: I agree with Akonkind and ach202577, Sparrow is “smoking hot”, and “ her feisty temper, wild spirit, sleek design, sexy curves, and continued abysmal luck makes her infinitely enjoyable to read”, but there is another character trait that defines her: she is a huge jerk.

I mean, this was Amy’s dream / nightmare / hallucination, but even here, Sparrow is mean and rude. Amy only confused her with another person, why the remark of “freak”?

And then, let me talk you about Amy’s death. The first three pages of this issue were good setting out Amy’s death, but then we have page 804 to 812 showing us Amy waking up a very vivid, weird dream. Maybe it could have been better to show those first? Amy get’s dead in the last issue and the first scene we see is her awakening. I’m not complaining or anything like that, just saying.

Because you see, page 804 to 812 is the most interesting, if sadistic, thing to happen to Amy: She returns to her old life, and finds that there is no measure to the incredible world he has left behind. I feel that in a way, she is tortured even more for the futility of her old life than for all the terrible things she endured before. This reminds me of a old comic of Fantastic Four, where Doctor Doom manages to trap all the fantastic four and then makes them dream a life controlled by him… and very miserable.

A lot of people complain that all of the villains put the hero in a overdeveloped spectacular death trap, giving the hero the chance to escape, instead of just shoot him (like Dr. Evil show us), but in the case of the comic, Doctor Doom don’t want the fantastic four dead, he want them suffer knowing that they are trapped forever. I think that this situation, Amy going back to her boring life, and all the distress she gets of this situation, is more interesting for me that the torture Shadrac inflicts in Amy.

I told you this because it’s obvious that this is not the real Shadrac: He has not that good sense of humor! Why, he said “How clumsy, you spilled my drink”. I was disappointed he did not say: “No tip for you”. It was obvious that there was another man behind the man.

And then, we see him, or her, Hecate. Why, she ever has a… err… TV soul thing? Where she can control Amy’s perception of reality? I don’t know, but I know that I want to see more of this new character and her… strange… villainous dress choice.

Thank you for another great issue, I hope to see more of Talia next time… in his uniform, of course!

Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:05 pm