Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 am

MEMBER'S GALLERY UPDATE 04/24/2010! LEGEND HUNTERS #7! 
HIPComix Artist

Post MEMBER'S GALLERY UPDATE 04/24/2010! LEGEND HUNTERS #7!
Now up for members...Legend Hunters #7!

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/galler ... mId=127044

With Irina turning the tables Artemis, Maya and Valerie waste no time in capturing the arrogant goddess and try to escape her realm! Once in the "real world" again, the heroines reluctantly deliver the helpless Artemis to the cruel Baroness De Sade in order to get more of the promised antidote. With one of the legendary Atlantian priestess now in her power, the Baroness gives hints to her true nature, and her master plans! Find out more in issue 7!

Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:38 am
Post Re: MEMBER'S GALLERY UPDATE 04/24/2010! LEGEND HUNTERS #7!
Originally I wasn't crazy about another Lara Croft variation, even by my favorite artist here, but the late twist and villainess reveal grabbed me. I just had a screenplay optioned in which Morgana LaFay is the hot antagonist witch, so I'm digging her appearance a Urorobos vixen. Hope she does a lot more than remain in the background of the Legend Hunters, and changes into sexier costumes.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:43 pm
Super Villain

Hi there, I'm very excited by this new chapter of Legend Hunters, because now I can truly say that the story is rolling!

First: The cover. In the cover we have a confident Miss Cross leading a semingly fearful Artemis, followed by Valerie and Irina. This cover is misleading, because seems that Maya seems ok with kidnapping someone.

At page 90, I almost fall for the general cliche about the naivete of the idealist researcher when Valerie mentions that she can study this civilization forever, but thankfully she is the first to jump to freedoom in page 091.

And then, at page 092, we can see that Maya is really conflicted about being part of a "Kidnapping gang". I think this page is vital to set up her character, and it's really good to see that she has morals and standards and that this situation is giving her so much stress.

And then, Artemis is chained and gagged. I like that posse, but given her character, I cannot seem to feel bad about her... I loved the same pose with you depiction of Caitlin Fairchild, because Caitlin is almost the pinnacle of human female body and she is a true heroine, that pose chained, gagged and kneeling was very exciting!

And then, the baronnes trying to convince that she does not know Artemis is very good, it advances the plot very well.

But the part I loved the most were definetely page 95 and 96, with Ivonne, of all people! The fact that the antidote provokes convultions is merely another scheme to torture Maya and his team... and works!!!

To tell you the truth, I loved this part because Ivonne seems so fragile with his maid uniform, and yet, she seems to be as sadic as her mistress. Those scenes were the best part of this tale because we see that our team is utterly helpless in all this ordeal.

I loved Ivonne and the baroness outfits, they are very good, I want to see powerful and strong women bound and gagged and most of all, I will love to see the next victim! Kitsune, Isis or Freyja are all awesome concepts!

P.D. I would like to know if the english reference at page 087 is somehow related to my last comment here? ;)

Well, I'll wait to see the next chapter.

Hector

Fri May 21, 2010 1:12 am
HIPComix Artist

Hector wrote:
P.D. I would like to know if the english reference at page 087 is somehow related to my last comment here? ;)

Well...yes and no. If you check back on page 50 (http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/galler ... mId=118150) I tried to show that the female Hoplites were speaking ancient Greek (which Maya understood), but I got lazy with the annotation after that, so I thought I'd make it more clear when Irina got the jump on Artemis after your comment. :D

Fri May 21, 2010 9:03 pm