Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 am

MEMBER'S GALLERY UPDATE 03/27/10 LOSH #20! 
HIPComix Artist

Post MEMBER'S GALLERY UPDATE 03/27/10 LOSH #20!
Now up for members...Legion of Superheroines #20!

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/galler ... mId=125849

Having failed in their efforts to free the captive heroines from Cyren's clutches, Sparrow, Scarlet Lotus, Tempest and the Lambda team are themselves captured and held prisoner. As always, the feisty Sparrow is none to pleased to end up in bondage again, and lets the rest of her team know about it. While the defeated heroines bicker, Cyren decides to send Tempest to the cloning chambers in an effort to understand and harness her incredible weather controlling powers; but with unbalanced anti-heroine be more then she bargained for? The saga continues in Issue 20!

Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:35 am
Evil Genius

Post Re: MEMBER'S GALLERY UPDATE 03/27/10 LOSH #20!
Very well written update, oh I love the Bondage of Red Venus the most in this issue.

So can Tempest and Red Venus be lovers in the future;)

Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:14 am
Profile YIM
Bully

another great story have a hard time deciding who does a better job of writing and art and tying them all together just keep up the good work

Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:49 pm
Super Villain

Dear Uroboros: I fear that when I write this, I will seem very much like some of those slightly deranged fans, specially when I'm fan of a certainly deranged character, but I cannot let this unsaid: Your characterization of Tempest is not only my favorite, but certainly one of the best characterization of a comic book villain that I have ever seen!

Jan 19, I wrote this: "Somehow, I don't think that Cyren could defeat Tempest as easily as the cover show us... I think Tempest could find a way to turn the tables on her just like she did with Nemesis." But then, I found Sparrow recriminating Tempest and read Tempest response and I could not stop laughing!

The point I trying to make is: The characterization is sooooo right! THIS is the kind of thing that Tempest would have done in that situation! After all, he doesn't want any other thing that being with Red Venus... Forever!

I also loved the part when he talks with Dark Venus and Nemesis: Tempest is the Ex-Girlfriend for hell! She really doesn't acknowledge the terrible things she did to Red Venus and Nemesis. She really expects that all the others remember only the good times. ("Come on Nemmy, We had some good times, right?") After all that time of being the victim, she is too eager to be the abuser: that is what makes her a real cool villain and a real threath to Red Ven...er, the world! The antrophomorfic characterization of an abusive relationship.

And then, I love the parallelism between the cruel (and crazy) destiny that Tempest prepared for Nemesis and Red Venus, and Chance's machinations. Seeing Tempest in a tank is the proof that Karma has come to bit her hardly.

I don't want to elaborate about Tempest destiny, and about his... eviler... clone... but I certainly hope that you're going to do something great, like this section.

I notice that this tale has reached 300 pages. Congratulations! I certainly would like to see this series to be a long runner, like "Inner Universe", because all the characters involucred and the way you told the tale respecting all the superhero cliches that I love.

Talking about that, I really like the way you seamlessly integrate the fetishes to the story: I really enjoyed the binding and restraining machines in page 286, the way Tempest is shoved around in page 292 (I really love when you show a heroine heavily restrained being conduced to another place, because we see that she is totally helpless and unable to resist, I love the pages 203 - 205 of issue 14 of LoS) and the page 296, when she is placed in the tank (I love when heroines are placed in little, transparent cells). Also, I notice that the mayority of your pages show us the heroines in some kind of bondage / peril, so all your pages offer some kind of fetish we can enjoy.

And one thing more: I think that your idea of making clones of superheroines has been done in other comic books (Gwen Stacy clone from Spiderman, for instance) but Chance's idea of manipulating the mind of the clone to make her with the personality you want is truly genius! My fanfiction exploits this idea, I hope I finish it the next month.

Well, it will be a very large month until the next issue. I have some ideas about Adrienne and his backup plan, but I better be silent.but the quality of this comic surely makes the wait worth it.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:38 am
HIPComix Artist

Nice summary!

Tempest is one of my favorite villians to write for; she's not really "evil" in the traditional sense (just likes doing bad things) so much as she is emotionally stunted and selfish; she doesn't really care or understand how she hurts others along the way.

Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:38 am