Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:52 pm

Tutorials 
HIPComix Artist

Post Tutorials
Thanks very much for the excellent tutorials, so that's how you make those 'painted on' costumes look so good!
I want to get that 3 Dimension '2nd Skin' right away! Does it work with any figure, ie: V4?
regards

Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:18 am
HIPComix Artist

I agree - great tutorials Jpeger and Uroburos!

I was just reading them yesterday as well.

Bada Boom, as long as you have the template you can use it on any 3d object. V4 should have a free template download on her product page (at least that's how DAZ used to do it). I think Uroburos was using V3's template for the tutorial.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:12 pm
HIPComix Artist

V4 does work with 2nd skin; in theory it should work with any figure.

I usually use UVMapper Pro to get my templates.

Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:29 pm
HIPComix Artist

Post 2nd Skin Body morph
You are GREAT artists, thanks for getting back.
I've just purchased the 2nd skin program from renderosity. It makes a '2nd skin' of the original character. Your right, any obj will work. The 2nd skin I am getting with this is the original obj and not the super curvy shape of my cr2 character.

My question is how do you apply the body morphs of the cr2 female to the 2nd skin? Is there a one click operation or do you have to dial up all the parameters to match the morphs on the original?
I do it manually but I just thought there was an easier way of doing it? I appreciate your help.

Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:33 am
HIPComix Artist

The utility should have duplicated the morph injections as well as the 2nd skin figure but with everything set to 0...easiest thing to do to make it match the donor Cr2 is to select the "body", then "copy" from the edit menu (this should copy the dial settings), then select the 2nd skin, select the body, and select "paste' ; this should make the 2nd skin fit the figure.

Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:11 am
HIPComix Artist

Post Edit Menu?
hi Uroboros
Sorry I've lost you there, what's the edit menu? The utility copies the morphs as well, I must have forgot to tick something. What do you tick to make sure it copies the morphs as well?

Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:13 am
HIPComix Artist

Sorry I've lost you there, what's the edit menu? The utility copies the morphs as well, I must have forgot to tick something. What do you tick to make sure it copies the morphs as well?

Sorry if I wasn't clear...I meant in Poser itself this needs to be done. The 2nd skin utility will copy the morph channels but NOT the dial settings. When you conform a figure to something in Poser it will usually zero it out anyway.

In this example, I'm going to copy the settings from Vickie to make her 2nd skin swimsuit fit properly.

1. Select the main figure and the "body" for the part

2. Pull down the edit menu and select "copy"; this will copy the dial settings.

3. Select the 2nd skin figure

4. Pull down edit, select paste.

This should directly copy the dial settings from the base figure to the 2nd skin to make it fit the morphed figure correctly. This technique will actually work on any set of figures with the same morphs and morph names.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:32 pm
HIPComix Artist

Post Brilliant!
Uroboros
I've never seen that done! It's so easy its great.
I've used the 2nd skin utility again today and it seems to be copying the morphed shape almost perfectly. I have everything ticked in the option box and in the selection box "bodymorphs" is ticked. It's working great except for the outside of the breasts so I'll use copy/paste to see if it improves. Very much appreciated, this will save a lot of headaches. This can be done with any figures that contain the same morphs?
I'll send some screenshots.

Last edited by BadaBoom on Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:34 am
HIPComix Artist

Post Reply to the tutorial screenshots
V4 has an extra 'bodymorphs' button at the bottom so the whole figure is copied almost perfectly. The utility is actually copying the morphed shape which I couldn't get it it to do before for some reason.
The outside of the breasts are not covered in bottom picture so I just had to enlarge the breast size slightly on the 2ndskin. However the dials are the same for both using copy/paste. I must make the breast size slightly larger on the 2ndskin to cover her.
It is also possible to copy/paste abdomen/thigh/buttocks etc for fine adjustment then apply symmetry to both sides. The copy/paste thing is great so I'll be using that for every opportunity now, thanks Uroboros!

The 2ndskin utility wouldn't accept v4 bodybuilder and other extreme morphed characters saying that they were not poser models.
It's a shame about v4bodybuilder however I did have her morphed to the hilt! I've emailed Ralf Sesseler about the v4 extreme morph issue and he hasn't got back yet. He might be able to get around it, she maybe over the bodymorph limit default but I read that it can be adjusted.

Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:50 am