Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 pm

Fruit of an Amazon 
Site Administrator

Post Fruit of an Amazon
Discussions/questions about the Jpeger series "Fruit of an Amazon"

Attachments:
Blunder-Woman-2012-Fruit-of-an-Amazon.jpg
Blunder-Woman-2012-Fruit-of-an-Amazon.jpg [ 401.06 KiB | Viewed 44948 times ]
Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:27 pm
Super Villain

Post Re: Fruit of an Amazon
Hi Jpger!

Fruit of an amazon # 1 reminds me a lot about the Wonder Woman TV Show. In the first season, WW was in the forties, and somehow managed to get an identity like “Yeoman Diana Prince”. In the second season, placed at the seventies, she gets into the AI IRAC that somehow manages all the government files to create a new identity.

The point you make is relevant, Why if your cover is too perfect? Wonder Woman at the seventies had the knowledge of someone who worked for the government in the forties, but Blunder Girl has only a few months of experience, what could happen?

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:13 am
Super Villain

Dear Jpger:

Fruit of an Amazon episode 2, Trial and error, is a deconstruction of the secret identity and how could affect the life of a superheroine.

I always thought that Wonder Woman’s origin could only be possible at the 40s. Before, the U.S. has no great interest about international problems, and later, the politics of the government were very troubled: Only at World War I could be possible that a foreign superhero could help America against the forces of evil! (The Nazis were more or less that).

However, that couldn’t be possible later… a superhero helping the US at Vietnam? Well, only Dr. Manhattan… and that didn’t turn out well.
So, the problem with helping the intelligence company of a superpower is that they all have their own agenda… As we can see here, the Commander is doing some plans that cannot be disturbed by anyone… a super agent, like Blunder Girl presented herself, could do precisely that… so she has to go…

That reminds me that the only thing that make Wonder Woman join the American forces was that Steve Trevor, a guy with great integrity, was part of them. In the remake by George Perez, he was still part of American forces, but Ares, god of war, planned to have him removed by causing an accident on his plane… planned by Steve’s corrupt superiors.

I also think that Blunder Girl must have a lot problems now with that strange bondage device… the commander has the same defect that any Bond villain: They never just shoot them, where’s the drama in that?

Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:37 pm
Site Administrator

Hector wrote:
Dear Jpger:

Fruit of an Amazon episode 2, Trial and error, is a deconstruction of the secret identity and how could affect the life of a superheroine.

I always thought that Wonder Woman’s origin could only be possible at the 40s. Before, the U.S. has no great interest about international problems, and later, the politics of the government were very troubled: Only at World War I could be possible that a foreign superhero could help America against the forces of evil! (The Nazis were more or less that).

However, that couldn’t be possible later… a superhero helping the US at Vietnam? Well, only Dr. Manhattan… and that didn’t turn out well.
So, the problem with helping the intelligence company of a superpower is that they all have their own agenda… As we can see here, the Commander is doing some plans that cannot be disturbed by anyone… a super agent, like Blunder Girl presented herself, could do precisely that… so she has to go…

That reminds me that the only thing that make Wonder Woman join the American forces was that Steve Trevor, a guy with great integrity, was part of them. In the remake by George Perez, he was still part of American forces, but Ares, god of war, planned to have him removed by causing an accident on his plane… planned by Steve’s corrupt superiors.

I also think that Blunder Girl must have a lot problems now with that strange bondage device… the commander has the same defect that any Bond villain: They never just shoot them, where’s the drama in that?

I take what I can from Wonder Woman as far as I can to spoof it, but I'm not necessarily trying to be a copy of it. The parts I like, I use to inspire me. There has to be some degree of originality, however. I'm not trying to violate DC's copyright, patent, or trademark.

With that said, the parts that do inspire me come directly from the 1970s TV show of Wonder Woman starring Lynda Carter. I believe that show created a tremendous amount of fans in the perils/bondage genre but left them with a hunger for more. Blunder Woman was created to fill that hunger just shy of not violating any of their intellectual property. Try to do any type of direct comparison to the comic book or the TV show is somewhat futile since I have to maintain a certain distance in order to clearly define the difference between their intellectual property and my spoof. I'm happy to hear that the artwork and storyline that I do for this series fulfills (as many as possible) fantasies that people might have regarding this character.

The bondage device in episode two was not meant for Diane Aprince. I'll just leave it that. I don't want to spoil Monday's episode.

I'm glad you liked the series, I'm having a lot of fun doing it.

JP.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:00 pm
Super Villain

Dear Jpger:

This deconstruction (at Fruit of an Amazon # 3) is not only getting deeper, but this issue was a great improvement just from that! It has all the excitement that a comic book geek like I want in a mainstream comic!

The problem with setting up your secret identity is that someone else who also needs a secret identity could have already done that… and could easily spot you doing exactly the same thing.

And just like these videogames where the final boss is like a giant fly from outer space, we have that the commander is not quite human… now I wonder who – what - could he be?

And for a change, it’s wonderful to see that strange force field containing Blunder Woman. This tale is really interesting and using all the SF gadgets that help a lot the comics superhero genre to be a whacky place!

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:03 am
Site Administrator

Hector wrote:
Dear Jpger:

This deconstruction (at Fruit of an Amazon # 3) is not only getting deeper, but this issue was a great improvement just from that! It has all the excitement that a comic book geek like I want in a mainstream comic!

The problem with setting up your secret identity is that someone else who also needs a secret identity could have already done that… and could easily spot you doing exactly the same thing.

And just like these videogames where the final boss is like a giant fly from outer space, we have that the commander is not quite human… now I wonder who – what - could he be?

And for a change, it’s wonderful to see that strange force field containing Blunder Woman. This tale is really interesting and using all the SF gadgets that help a lot the comics superhero genre to be a whacky place!

Yeah, I'm having fun with this one. I've always tried to keep the comics realistic, but in this one, I can have some fun.

Jp.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:52 pm
HIPComix Artist

I like where this is going. Will the aliens have a milk mustache after drinking the milk?

Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:27 pm
Site Administrator

b69.comics wrote:
I like where this is going. Will the aliens have a milk mustache after drinking the milk?

No, and I just posted the next episode, so you'll see why. :)

Jp.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:36 pm
Super Villain

Dear Jpger:

Fruit of an Amazon # 4 show us a nightmarish scenario for a superhéroe: Given he has superpoweres, he can endure much more than a normal human, so, he could be practically tortured by a lot more time thatn a simple human. Brrrr!

This alien sure is what we earthlings call a jerk! He talks about how he regrets the pain he causes, but his attitude is all enjoyment, and gleefully lets Blunder Woman know that she would not escape her destiny.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:30 pm
Super Villain

Dear Jpger:

Episode 05 of “Fruit of an amazon” is very funny in the alien’s cruelty. I can understand they need another species for “nursery”, and I can understand they want to experiment with them. The strange thing is that they also need to make their specimens the most uncomfortable position possible.

Why, even their methods are strange! Why use a divine woman when they can use a normal one? Only if their endurance as a divine being is better than an human, it could be explained…

I hope to see if Blunder Woman is sent or not to the mothership.

Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:36 pm
HIPComix Artist

The comic makes me wonder if an intellectually superior alien race would treat us as farm animals.

Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:27 pm
Super Villain

Dear B69:

As a matter of fact, "War of the worlds", the sci fi novel, really is a critique about the european colonialism. Every thing in Sci Fi is talking about something that is happening right now, under our noses ;)

Dear Jpger:

Fruit of an amazon # 6 is great creating tension, obviously Blunder Woman cannot escape. I liked the new restraining device, at least seems more comfortable that the one the alien used in last issue.

Great work

Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:51 pm
Site Administrator

Hector wrote:
Dear B69:

As a matter of fact, "War of the worlds", the sci fi novel, really is a critique about the european colonialism. Every thing in Sci Fi is talking about something that is happening right now, under our noses ;)

Dear Jpger:

Fruit of an amazon # 6 is great creating tension, obviously Blunder Woman cannot escape. I liked the new restraining device, at least seems more comfortable that the one the alien used in last issue.

Great work

Appreciate the complement. It's going to get a lot nastier once she gets into space. :twisted:

Jp.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:48 am
Super Villain

Dear Jpger:

So, I really hope you continue this tale because the situation never has seemed bleaker for our heroine, she was teletransported to the mothership, what could be worse?

The part about only organic matter being teletransported was logical (in a comic book sort of way, of course) and the visuals conveying it were very good.

I would like to remind Blunder Woman that even when this alien is… an alien… he still is his boss, and if she cracks his head there will be a lot of paperwork to do at her job

Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:10 pm
Site Administrator

Hector wrote:
Dear Jpger:

So, I really hope you continue this tale because the situation never has seemed bleaker for our heroine, she was teletransported to the mothership, what could be worse?

The part about only organic matter being teletransported was logical (in a comic book sort of way, of course) and the visuals conveying it were very good.

I would like to remind Blunder Woman that even when this alien is… an alien… he still is his boss, and if she cracks his head there will be a lot of paperwork to do at her job

I'm actually waiting for a fix to the new Daz studio so I can continue this. This is why I went to the Gymnast story for a bit. I have not shelved it, It's just a bug in the new update.

Jp.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:31 pm
Super Villain

Hi Jpger!

Hey, but why the girl didn’t just escape Stern when she was out of the dungeon?

Chase psyche is very interesting: She interacts normally with her ex-boyfriend, but anyone else she is doing a really bad imitation of the Batman TV show… and that show was a parody!

Great work!

Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:12 pm
Site Administrator

Hector wrote:
Hi Jpger!

Hey, but why the girl didn’t just escape Stern when she was out of the dungeon?

Chase psyche is very interesting: She interacts normally with her ex-boyfriend, but anyone else she is doing a really bad imitation of the Batman TV show… and that show was a parody!

Great work!

The girl was terrorized by Stern, she wasn't going to risk displeasing him when her freedom was just one unpleasant action away... (We also aren't done with her yet).

When Chase is in"heroine" mode, there is very much a black and white about her. There is either good or evil, justice or no justice. Things like corrupt cops or paid off judges simply do not compute with her. That was part of the trauma she received while being tortured by Stern the first time. At 18 years old, she was tortured into thinking she was a super heroine, and her only exposure to superheroine-ism was the bronze and silver age comic books she read a child.

Nine years has gone by, and she understands that she's not a super heroine anymore, but she still truly believes with all over heart that there's a necessity to the method. She believes in secret identities because they work. She believes in truth, justice, and honesty. Even though she doesn't have superpowers, she can still make a difference. This is why she's my favorite character.

However, when she's not in superheroine mode, she's a regular 28 year old girl. She's upset that her ex-boyfriend has not been supportive in her choice to be a crime fighter, even though she's done really good work for the city. She feels he doesn't respect her as a crime fighter, and that is the thing she is most proud of. We all understand that he is simply making it difficult for her to be involved in this type of activity because it's dangerous (she gets into a lot of trouble), but she sees it as a form of betrayal.

Jp.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:00 pm
Super Villain

Well, I think we just be grateful because she didn't read "Watchmen", "The Dark Knight Returns" or "The question"... ;)

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:57 am
Site Administrator

That would be my Danger Dame character.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:16 pm