Welcome to the Hipcomix Forums

HOME

FREE AREA
- JOIN - MEMBERS - LINKS - CONTACT - TUTORIALS - FORUMS - UPDATES

WEBMA$TER$

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:06 pm

WW poser series - question 
Super Villain

Post WW poser series - question
Sometime in the past I downloaded a poser version of the episode of the original series where Fausta captures WW and takes her to Nazi Germany. The poser story follows the TV plot for a while, but then the artist adds his own version of the ending-- definitely NOT a PG version! It was very well done.

Lately I have been trying to find the file containing those pictures, with no success to date. I sure hope I didn't delete it by mistake. So, I could use some help in finding it.

I am not sure of the artist's name; I had thought it was jpeger, but I can't find it in my jpeger folder. Nor can I remember the file names used for the pictures.

So, can anyone tell me that information?

-Mike

Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:36 pm
Site Administrator

A while back, I did a series called Blunder Woman, using Mr. X's Wonder Woman for my character. I did a few episodes spoofing the 1970's show staring Lynda Carter. I did them sort of along the lines of the show, but I put in things I would have liked to see, had the show not been limited by a PG rating.

I was limited by technical skills. There were a lot of things I wanted to do, but just couldn't due to inexperience, or inability to render or re-create digitally, but I did my best.

After I ran out of episodes to spoof... I killed her off. For several reasons. She wasn't my character, and the series was getting popular, and I wanted to draw a line in the sand about not making any more. I also wanted to kill a heroine... sometimes the villain needs to win. :twisted:

Over the next year, I received many emails from people really angry that I did that. I'm not above admitting I made a mistake in killing her off, so I brought her back. However, I did it in a way that I removed myself from copyright infringements.

I realised in fact, Blunder Woman was my character. Even though she was originally a spoof of Lynda Carter, I had the opportunity to recreate her as an original character now.

So I re-created a character from scratch. I made an original costume, and changed the origin and name of the character. She is now her own entity, and I can now write original adventures for her without fear or pressure of infringement exposure. She is definitely a nod to Wonder Woman, but not the basis any longer.

Now, as far as finding the series, I'm pretty positive it was over at http://old.jpeger.com but it's not there. Which means I lost it when my laptop took a dump a few months ago.
So, if someone has it, please email it to me. Thanks.

Hope that explains the history of Blunder Woman.

Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:03 pm
I can probably help with this one.

A while back, I did a series called Blunder Woman, using Mr. X's Wonder Woman for my character. I did a few episodes spoofing the 1970's show staring Lynda Carter. I did them sort of along the lines of the show, but I put in things I would have liked to see, had the show not been limited by a PG rating.

Now, as far as finding the series, I'm pretty positive it was over at http://old.jpeger.com but it's not there. Which means I lost it when my laptop took a dump a few months ago.
So, if someone has it, please email it to me. Thanks.

Hope that explains the history of Blunder Woman.

By God! That's the series I was talkling about. After reading your reply I checked and it is Episode 6 [of 8 episodes] that I had in mind. Thanks for the info.

But I disagree with your characterizations of your artwork; I think it is very good; made quite an impression on me. Your BW 2 has a big job keeping up with the BW 1 series.

Do you need all 8 episodes? I have them. Maybe we can work a deal... :idea: How about a free month at the Gymnast website?
Get back to me with the email address to use.

-Mike

Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:31 pm
Site Administrator

Wow, I did this as a free series, and you are rewarding me for my efforts and hard labor by trying to sell the images back to me at a price?

Shit, I need to hire you as President of Marketing! Good form!

I'm going to make you a deal. You fire those zips to me, and not only will I give you free access, I'll post a login and password for the Gymnast that every one reading this can access it as a member.

Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:58 am
Super Villain

I'm going to make you a deal. You fire those zips to me, and not only will I give you free access, I'll post a login and password for the Gymnast that every one reading this can access it as a member.

Okay, I'll start sending them today, in ZIP archives, one per episode.
The files will range from 2.7MB to 6.2MB. I will use the email link in your message. Will that mailbox be big enough for them. [I will have to check how big MY outbox is...]

-Mike

Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:16 am
Site Administrator

Use blunder as the login and woman as the password. It's good for a month. Everyone thank mick

Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:40 pm
Forum Moderator

Post location
I must have missed it...where are these pics located?

- Doc

Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Administrator

Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:14 am
Site Administrator

You did some of the most spectacular poser images I ever saw. Now... Under stand, Ive been drinking so my memory is useless... but I think we had a ...

Wonder Woman bound to the tracks and her legs holding back a train.

Wonder Woman in a lab with Wonder Girl in a sealed off room with some peril (ok, I forgot, but I think it was a alien or plant r@?3*)

A Kick ass (I think it was Susan Storm) in some sort of solidification chamber.

Arg... I wish my memory was better, and I didn't lose my collection 10 times over with laptop hard-drive crashes.

Anyway... I'm honored you have visited this site, and I wish to extend the Kudos you deserve as one of the best poser artists I have ever seen. Welcome! Please do a comic for us (grin).

Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:25 am
Site Administrator

I finally figured it out, I was thinking of Doc Droid.

Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:58 am
Forum Moderator

Post Blunder Woman
Jpeger wrote:
I finally figured it out, I was thinking of Doc Droid.

Doc Droid has some really good stuff out there. A lot of heroine in peril material as well as some mind control and mad scientist stuff that's right up my alley.

Jpeger, any chance you can post those Blunder Woman/Fausta comics for the rest of us to see?

- Doc

Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Henchman

Post I just read this thread and have a question...........
I want to know if it is at all possible for me to get the 8 episodes of the WW spoof? I would greatly appreciate any help here. Thanks.

Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:12 am